Chapter thirteen: cafe jealousy.

Chapter art by: @shunn_boo on Twitter

Tw: swearing hehe.
______________________________

Then sally and I split up, I went home to change out of my uniform.

<almost an hour later>

Sally texted me the name of the cafe, I grabbed my beanie and started my walk over so I wouldn't be late.

I met up with sally on the way there, we were walking on the same street to get there and just had a light conversation while we walked.

Once we got inside my face was immediately flushed with the smell of sweet coffee and sugary pastries. It was wonderful, I'm glad sally chose to go here.

We went up to the counter and started to order some drinks,

"Hello, what can I get you two?" The pink haired lady, I recognized her as niki from my art class, asked with a smiley expression, still seeming calm as always.

Oh hey Niki! Uhmm I'll take a cappuccino today, thanks.

"Okay Quackity! And what can I get you miss?" She continued, while pushing a few buttons on the screen.

Sally then started ordering something super complex. I felt bad for Niki as a bead of sweat went down her forehead.

"Hi there! I'll take a... grande Carmel macchiato in a venti cup, 1/3 whole milk, 2/3 almond milk, double the amount of vanilla syrup, no carmel drizzle on top, tall cup ice, whipped cream, rounded lid, 1 shot extra espresso, and cinnamon sprinkled on top! Thanks!"

Sally said that in one breath, and one breath alone.

Somehow, Niki was able to keep up with that and asked if there was anything else we'd like. When we said no, she put in the order and told us the total. I payed for it with a twenty dollar bill, getting some cash back and we took a seat near a window.

The whole time Sally just sort of talked, about nothing specific really, just rambling. I get it though. Everyone rambles sometimes, I'm just surprised she never stopped to breathe.

"Hey Quackity, I'm gonna go to the washroom, I'll be back in a minute!"

Oh yeah sure! I'll be here!

The ginger then stood up from her chair and walked towards the washroom.

Then I see a strangely familiar skyscraper walk into the shop with Tommy and Techno.

Techno was wearing his trademark pink hair in a messy braid, Toms wore a teal hoodie with some colourful lettering on it and Wilbur... well, Wilbur wore some plain pants, a white button up shirt, his circular glasses, and a long brown trench coat. The coat was decorated with pins and buttons while the sleeves had delicate blue flowers painted on, probably from Tommy as he was very good at art. Wow, Wilbur is so extra.

I rolled my eyes a bit to myself and looked back down at my table, every once in a while peeking over to watch them order.

I kept wondering why Sally took so long, it had only been a minute or two but it felt like an eternity. Eventually Tommy noticed me sitting at my table in the corner and ran up to me.

"Big Q!! You didn't say you were coming here! We could've gone together! The blonde shouted.

Techno glanced over at my direction, Wilbur had already been looking over.

Oh, sorry Toms. I came here with a friend of mine.

"That's not a problem man! No need to apologize! Who's your friend?"