Chapter eighteen: Rejected.

Chapter art by: @redvilvity on Twitter

TW: swearing :(
______________________________

Quackity pov:

I watched as Wilbur and Techno walked away.

What was that? Why was it so quiet all of a sudden..? We just stared at each other, nothing happened, what do I think was going to happen?

I'm still just sat on the bench, I've got my grocery bag beside me where Wil was sitting, it was on the ground before.

Y'know what? Yes, that was awkward, but I'm just going to forget about it. Nothing was going to happen, and nothing will happen.

I'd rather deny my feeling than have to explain them, even if there are no feelings whatsoever.

Okay, I'll just walk home now...

<Next day, at school, before lunch>

Wilbur pov:

I can't get Quackity's face out of my mind. What was I thinking?! I made such a nice moment so... weird. I know I said I'd never ignore him again, and I won't, but maybe I'll just ignore that interaction. If he brings it up I'll just act dumb or something.

Yeah, that'll work.

Once I'm at my locker I throw in whatever shit from my last class. Once I turn around I get jump scared by Quackity.

HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK?!

"Jeez calm down man, it's just me." The shorter sighed.

Oh my- Quackity you can't scare me like that! At least let me know you're there next time!

"Yeah, yeah, I was about to talk but you turned around to quick. Do you wanna to go to lunch?"

O-Oh yeah sure, let's go.

We walked to the cafeteria, I'm glad he forgave me for ignoring him, he's nice to talk to.

Once we sit down at a table with people like Niki, Tubbo, and Mika?! Why was Mika here? He was the dude that made fun of Quackity with Schlatt...

Hey Q? Why is Mika here? Isn't he like- schlatt's friend..?

"Oh shit yeah! Sorry I didn't even introduce you two!" The ravenette said with a smile.

Wait what?!

"Wilbur, this is Mika Sacus, Mika, this is Wilbur Minecraft, Toms brother."

"Oh hey Wilbur! Nice to meet you! Sorry about that thing with Schlatt, he's- well, not a good person to say the least. He drags me along with his schemes with blackmail but I just walk away from it when I can. Sorry if I made a bad impression or anything." Mika spoke up after getting introduced.

"Yeah, Mika's actually a pretty chill dude." Quackity smiled. "Want to sit down here?" He asked.

Oh... yeah sure.

Then I caught Niki smiling at me smugly, she still thinks I like Quackity...

"Oh hey Wil," the pinkette waved and then patted to a seat beside her. "You two come sit beside me~!"

Quackity and I sat beside her, she started getting to know Q better. I was about to say something when I heard a small squeak from another table in front of us. It was Sally.

She was just staring at us for a second, before she quickly shyed away and scurried into the halls.
I just watched her do that, stopping what I was saying halfway through the sentence.