Chapter thirty: tomatoes and tears.

Chapter art by: @__bxnchii on Twitter (or chell)

TW: swearing, mention of blood/cuts, abuse, implied homophobia, bruising.
______________________________

Quackity's pov:

Fuck.

I forgot about my dad! This is gonna be absolutely horrible, he's gonna- I don't even know! He's fucking scary.

I started getting sort of nervous the closer we got to the house, I mean- I could tell Wilbur not to come in? But that just sounds... rude. I have to do it...

Hey... Wil? I-

"We're here! It's been a while, huh?" He cut me off, we were in front of the house. But, my dads car wasn't there. He must be out for the night. Probably going to some bar or casino, He likes to gamble. Well at least Wilbur won't have to deal with him. Or me for that matter! "Oh! Sorry, were you saying something?"

...No, It's fine, never mind.

"Okay... why don't we head inside then?"

Yeah sure,

I unlock the door, remembering the mess my dad made in the living room. I quickly shut the door before he came in.

Hey Wil! Wait out here for a second? I've got to do something first...

"Uhh- I guess? I don't mind messy houses, Q. I know how it is."

I-it's fine. Just- I'll be out in a second.

I then opened the door enough for me to get in, and run into the living room, grabbing a plastic bag I found on the ground, and filling it with cans and wrappers. I stepped on one of the cans, making a loud crunch noise.

I run it into the kitchen, tossing it into the bin and running back to the door.

Okay! Come in!

"...okay... I'm just not gonna ask what the crunching noise was..."

Good! Now come on,

We stepped into the house, Wilbur placed the bags in the counter and started to pull things out, "hey, would you cut the tomatoes for me? I'm gonna start cooking the noodles,"

Yeah sure- wait. Why are you making me dinner again?

"Well, you said you haven't eaten much today, and I thought it'd be fun!"

Weirdo...

"Oh shush, you know I care, I'm not a weirdo for that."

Yeah, yeah, can you pass me one of those knives? It's in the drawer to your right.

"Sure," Wilbur passed the knife to me, and I started cutting the tomatoes and other vegetables he had picked up, but I was failing, miserably. How do you mess that up? I haven't made food actual food in forever—

The taller started boiling the water, eventually putting the noodles in, then looking over my way. "Need some help there?"

N-No.

"You sure? You look like you do," he started walking my way.

I'm fine-!

"Q, let me show you, your gonna cut your fingers,"

I rolled my eyes and moved to the side, Wilbur stood where I was before and picked up the knife. "You see? If you hold it like this, then it's harder to cut your hands,"

I walked a bit closer, trying to figure out how he did it, he moves out of the way a bit more, I tried to move my hand the same way he did, but cut myself, a small bit of crimson colour spilling to the side.

Ouch...

The brunette let out a breathy laugh, "are you alright? Do you have bandaids here?"

No, it's fine. It won't hurt to much.

"Are you sure? I can-"

Wil, it's fine. Now shove off, I need to cut these.

I try again, it was better, I got a cleaner slice, but I nicked my hand in a different spot.

"Okay! Okay! Stop it, I'll cut these, you go clean up your hand."

But I-

"Quackity, it's alright. They're nearly done anyways, if you still want to help maybe get some dishes out?"

Fine...

I run my hand under the tap water, then go to the cupboards and pull out some bowls. And when I make my way to the island again Wilbur has already taken the noodles off the stove, and mixed it in the sauce.

I helped dish it out, and we took a seat beside each other.

Woah-! That's actually really good!

"Yeah it is!"

We finished eating, making small conversation here and there, but for the most part we were quiet. Until I heard the car.

We had finished our food already, Wil was putting the dishes in the sink when I heard my dads car pull into the driveway. Is it really that late already?

hey Wil? I- uhm...

The doorbell rang. And then a small shout, "¡¿Por qué está cerrada la puerta?! ¡Déjame entrar!" (why is the door locked?! Let me in!)

"I'll get it!"

Wil! Wait I-

Before I could tell him otherwise, the taller opened the door for my father. Dammit, I would've snuck him out of something! I don't want him to freak out at me later...

"Who the hell are you?!" The man shouted.

Dad, dad, it's fine, he's my friend from school...

"Dad? Oh! You're his dad! Sorry about that sir, I was just staying for dinner, I'll get out of your hair now. Bye Q!"

B-Bye Wil...

The brunette left the house, my dad glaring at me as he entered the house. "Why the fuck did you have him over? And so late at night too! What were you doing really? I won't let my son be a-!"

STOP. He's just my friend! We weren't doing anythi-!

A sharp smack echoed through the kitchen, where we now stood. He had hit me in the arm again, it was less painful this time, but would still leave a bruise. Fuck... it's not worth it, arguing with him.

"Go to your room! NOW!"

I hold my arm and run to my bedroom, locking the door once again and sitting on my bed. My head buried in my knees while I cry. I can't wait till he moves out. Just a few more weeks, or months... it'll be alright...
______________________________
[1002 words]

[nooooo my poor Quackityyyyyy]

[I hope ya like this chapter!!]

[Also we got over a hundred votes!!! Thank you guys so much!!]

[P.S. I sorta gave up on giving the chapter serious titles, but I actually really like this one lol]