Chapter twenty-six: was that a threat?

Chapter art by: @leti_astrophel on Twitter (I love this art so much wtf)

TW: swearing and my cuddly little Jshligglebear being a menace ;)
______________________________

Nobody's pov:

Today is the day, Wilbur and Quackity are going to play the prerecorded version of their song in-front of their class.

Both are quite nervous, sure, other people will be presenting their own artworks and such. But it's still nerve wracking as all hell and back. I mean, what if people don't like it?! What if they messed up in the recording and everyone noticed?! What if the teacher thinks it horrible, and fails them?!

Those were the thoughts going through Quackity's head as him and the brunette sat beside each other in the arts class.

Prof. Zak, Skeppy, was wearing his usual colours. Light blue and black, diamond jewelry shining in the light of the windows. No one knew how he had so many jewels, he must've had some kind of second job right? No one dug too deep on the subject though.

It was Tuesday, the boys spent a little longer practicing instrumentals and recording it all for the teacher, Quackity insisted they wouldn't go to his house though. It made Wilbur slightly worried for the ravenette but he decided not to press on the subject and just do their work in his garage. His family liked Q anyways. once they were done with it all they emailed it and waited for the day it'd be played.

When students started going up to the front of class and showing their work, some made clothing, paintings, one person made a big quilt blanket. It was time for them to share. Prof. Zak set up a picture on the projector, it was simple. Just a blurry selfie of a pissed off Quackity and cheery Wilbur. Schlatt snickered, throwing a slightly sharpened pencil at the ravenette. But the professor didn't notice so he got off scot free.

Soon, the music started playing. A few people tapping their fingers on a desk, or just enjoying the sound. Dream and Sapnap in particular...

...

After the song played both the boys were nervous, and flushed slightly pink. Until some of the class started clapping, Dream shouting out, "Hey! Wilbur that was really good!", not mentioning the ravenette.

The class agreed, Wil getting most of the praise for it. Skeppy eventually got them to settle down and continue the lesson plan. After the bell rang people went back up to the brunette and said how much they liked his song, or how beautiful his voice was, and a few of the girls coming up to him and flirting, to which he felt awkward and denied their advances the best he could.

He'd never felt this popular, at his old school he'd just sit in corners to make himself small. Hoping people wouldn't approach him. He didn't have many good friends, and Sally just pushed him over the edge. And now he was gaining popularity! It felt empowering to the brunette, now he was going to lunch, most of the people in school had heard the song, or at least heard of it. So when he sat down at the table with Tommy and Tubbs, Ranboo sitting down soon after and Quackity with him. People wouldn't stop coming up and talking to him!

It was getting annoying, for everyone sitting at the table. He considered leaving, bringing it up to Tommy who just said it was fine and that he didn't mind the people. He loves women.

Most didn't acknowledge the ravenette much, getting a few pats on the back or a quick "good job!" From George, or a shy "you play really well Q! I like you better than Wilbur!" From Sapnap. And he was fine with that, as long as someone knew Wil didn't do everything then he was fine. Sure, being popular would be nice, he's been treated as a bit of an outcast sometimes, but nothing is really changing for him. Nothing better, nothing worse. So it's fine. He's fine.