Chapter forty-seven: Familar Café.

Chapter art by: @machi_smbyk on Twitter.

TW: SwEaRiNg
______________________________

Nobody's pov:

The week passed by fairly quick, and not much changed with Quackity and the brunette. The day after their text messages was a little awkward, but neither brought it up as it could've lead to an even bigger embarrassment. They might've just been stubborn, though.

Friday night they checked in with each other again, checking if they were both still up for going out. Which they were, and the ravenette wouldn't know this, but Wilbur had been smiling for hours afterwards.

Q woke up Saturday morning and showered quickly, then had breakfast with his mother. Ms. Nevadas had figured out about the whole ordeal with her ex-husband after she didn't see her son at home during the weekend or Monday. Along with how suspicious the father had been and the beer cans Quackity had been cleaning up were piled in the corner.

Now the two of them were sat at the kitchen island, silently eating a bowl of cereal as the woman started taking weekends off to see her son. "So... anything new and exciting lately..?" She asked awkwardly, they haven't exactly talked in the past few years. She was always busy working late hours at the hospital, and too tired to keep a steady conversation with the younger when she got home. But at least she's making an effort, right?

The ravenette put his spoon in the bowl and looked up at her, "Uhm... I don't know? Kind of hard to answer on the spot,"

"Well... how is Karl? You mentioned him a few weeks ago, are you two still friends?"

"Yeah, he's kind of excitable and I spend most of my time with Charlie and Wilbur but we're good friends." He answered.

The woman raised an eyebrow at that, "I've met Charlie before, who's Wilbur?"

"Oh- have I really not mentioned him? He's been here before, helped me make dinner one night. That's where I was staying, away from dad... I'm actually going out with him later today,"

Noticing how talking about the man he still called 'dad' made him sad, she decided to leave that subject for another day. "Oh, well tell me about Wilbur!" She continued, and took notice in how her son flushed a pink colour. "Quackity..? Are you alright"

"Uh- yeah, I'm good. He's... he's really nice, and funny, and-" the younger started mumbling this part, "-well, you get it, don't you?"

The mother gave a sly, knowing look. "Mhm... tell me more about this Wilbur guy, you seem pretty interested," The Ravenette's face scrunched up and turned a brighter shade of red, and that was all the woman needed to know. "Ah, I get it. You like him, no? What's he look like?"

"He's got brown hair and he's really fucking tall and-" the older woman started laughing slightly, loud enough for Quackity to notice.
"-Wait! No, no, no, I didn't mean it like that!"

She continued the string of giggles for a moment before saying, "You don't need to be embarrassed! It's so nice to know my Q has a cute boyfrie- or... date, later!"

The statement caught Q off guard, he hadn't been sure if this was a date. But boyfriend?! He knew that to not be true. "It's not a date! I don't think? And he's not my boyfriend!"

"Okay, okay, sorry I got carried away." She chuckled, "but if you're going out today, you might want to change out of those pyjamas, speaking of... where'd you get the hoodie, hmm?"

The son rolled his eyes and said, "I was gonna do that anyways!" Before finishing the breakfast and running to his room. Getting dressed in a plain white T-shirt with black jeans. Temporarily tying the hoodie he stole from Wilbur around his waist. Then finally tucking his brushed hair under a beanie per usual.

Morning was ticking by, and it was nearly time to meet Wil. He said goodbye to his mother -who seemed to be going crazy after so long of not having weekends off- and headed out the door.

<Time skip, Aimsbucks cafe>

Quackity got to the familiar cafe a bit early, so he took a seat in one of the far booths and waited for his 'friend' to arrive.

He waited for around five minutes before the door chimed again, and a tall brunette walked in. He wore a white blouse and his decorated trench coat, paired with the circular glasses he wore everyday. The ravenette waved him over with a smile, and once he caught the others attention the taller started moving toward the table. "Sorry, I hope you weren't waiting long." He said, undertones of shyness in his apologetic words. Why would he be shy? They've been here before, right?

"Nope, not too long. You're not even late, Wil. Nor are you on time! You're still early!"

The brunette laughed a little but didn't say anything more as the waiter from last time walked up. It was a short girl with a beanie and mask on, her name tag saying 'Aimsey' underneath the word 'Manager'. "Hello! Welcome to Aimsbucks, could I get you anything?" She asked. Though her face was covered with a mask you could still see that she smiled with how her eyes scrunched up.

The two boys quickly ordered their usual drinks. They chatted a bit while the order was being made, and Wilbur heard light laughter from behind the counter. Looking over he noticed it was Niki, covering her mouth in order to keep herself from drawing too much attention. When she noticed her friend staring back at her she slapped another hand over her mouth, ducking underneath the countertop and crawling her way into the employees only room while Aimsey stared at her in confusion.

Ignoring that... the brunette turned his attention back to the boy in front of him and the steaming cups of coffee placed in the tabletop. But instead of Aimsey it was Niki bringing the order. Sweet smile as always, but Wil could just feel the smirk she was holding back.

He glared at her as she stifled another giggle, but then immersed himself back in the conversation with Q. He listened to the other talk with fondness, sipping on the coffee every once and a while whilst he did so. Eventually the calm conversation slowed down, they had been there for almost half an hour. That didn't matter, though, as Wilbur still had one thing up his sleeve. "So... what should we do now?" The shorter asked.

"Well, it depends. Do you want to stay here, or would you like to go check out the other thing I set up?"

"Other thing? Please tell me you didn't go all out and shit... I know how you are, and I'd feel bad if I couldn't repay you or-"

"There's no need to feel bad," the brunette cut him off slightly, "Come on, let's go! I think you'll like it,"
______________________________
[1166 words]

[yoooo Lovejoy released normal people things!!!]

[also wow dude my iron levels are fucking LOW like every time I stand up I fall over lmao]