Chapter sixteen: Break.

Chapter art by: @somedeimi on Twitter

TW: Swearing, sadbur :'(
______________________________

Nobody's pov:

Wednesday, Quackity was sick of being ignored. Absolutely sick of it. Today was much the same as the past two, After each class Quackity tried to ask Wilbur what was wrong, why he was being ignored, and every time, Sally came up and ruined it.

The ravenette thought that Wil was ignoring just him, but no, Wilbur was keeping a distance from Sally. He didn't want to hear what she had to say. Not at all. It actually hurt Wil to ignore Quackity, but if Quackity was dating Sally, then that means they can't be friends. At least in the brunettes eyes.

At lunch, Quackity tried to sit at the table with Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo. But as soon as he sat down Wilbur stood up and walked away. Then, Q was tapped on the shoulder by Sally asking him if he'd sit with her.

"Sally-? Do you know Wilbur?" The ravenette questioned.

Before Sally said anything Tommy choked on his drink, he didn't notice Sally there before and he went into a coughing fit.

"Oh my~! Here Tommy I'll take you to the nurse..." The ginger stood up and walked Toms to the Nurses office.

"He's just coughing, he should be fine. No need for the nurses office, Whoever you are..." Tubbo spoke up.

"It's alright I've got it! I'll grab him a new drink too!" Sally started speed walking with the blonde now.

"But he's got a drink right here?"  Ranboo said, squinting his eyes at the girl. But before anyone said anything else the two were gone.

<two minutes later>

Sally and the blonde were now in the halls, they were pretty empty since it was lunch time right now.

"Listen here Tommy, don't you fucking dare say anything about Wilbur and I to Quackity, got it?!" She Glared down at the boy, arms crossed.

The blonde was still coughing a bit but agreed. To him, Sally was actually quite menacing.

"Good~! Alright, pretend I brought you to the nurse and go sit back down with your friends. I'll be taking Quackity with me."

"*cough* yes..*cough*... Ma'am.." Tommy managed to stumble out. Sally then smiled and they walked back to the cafeteria together, the ginger made some kind of excuse to get Q to hang out with her all lunch. And that's exactly what they did, much to Quackity's dismay.

Quackity pov:

<After school>

I fucking wish that Sally wasn't here.

I just wanted to hang out with my friends for a day.

Sure, she's okay to be around sometimes, but like- she acts sort of weird, like people are supposed to bow down to her. But they aren't, and she gets very upset when people treat her otherwise.

I don't blame Sally, it's probably how she's used to being treated at her own school.

Whatever. I'm not going out with her again today. I'm so fucking tired. And I don't think my body can handle another coffee from that cafe. I'm just hungry now, I need some dinner.

I run downstairs and look through the kitchen. I need to head to the corner store again soon, I'll do that later though, I'm sure there's something for me to eat.

I check the cupboards, the pantry, the fridge, and there's nothing I can eat, or want to eat more like, for dinner. Just before I give up I look in the freezer. There's probably nothing there, but I'll look anyways.

A TV dinner.

Wait, that's the one Wilbur forced me to buy a little while back. I guess I never ate it. Well, I'll eat it now and go to the store after.

Wilbur pov:

I feel bad, I feel horrible actually, I don't want to ignore Quackity. But I think he really is dating Sally! I need Sally to leave my school. She won't leave Quackity alone. I can't talk to him. Do I even want to?!

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Phil asking "Wilbur? Are you okay mate? You're spacing out again."

What?

"Okay, what's going on. You've been off all week so far, cold sweats on the weekend, and now you're gapping. Tell us what's wrong." Phil continued.

"It's about Sally, she's at his school for the week." The pinkette joined in, not looking up from his plate.

"Oh? I thought you and Sally were still friends!" Mumza replied.

"No, no, remember? She cheated on him." The blonde eyed his mother.

"Oh! How did I not know this? Wil you could've told me! Or at least you cou-" I cut her off.

Stop. I don't want to talk about her.

I said, standing up from my seat. I walked up the stairs and into my room. I heard Phil and Mumza yelling out my name and muttering amongst themselves for a minute but ignored it. I need a break.

I need out of this house. It's too much. They all know about Sally now. And I'm sure that Toms and Techno have picked up on me ignoring big Q as well.

Where can I go?

...

The field? It's normally quite peaceful around this time. Yeah, I'll go there. I just need a break.

I waited in my room with the door locked for about fifteen minutes and then walked downstairs, I grabbed my trench coat, it was hung up beside the door, and shouted out that I was leaving. I didn't say where, but I heard my Mumza ask me and Techno say something to her. I was free to continue my walk. Thanks Tech. Though I'm sure you'll follow me soon enough.

<ten minutes later>

Im in the flower field. I sat down on the bench and stare down at the little blue and white flowers growing all over. They're just like the ones Tommy painted on my jacket. I tuck my face into my knees and eventually a warm tear slide down my face. I hate this, I can't help but wonder what Quackity would be thinking right now. He'd probably call me an idiot and stop being my friend. Of course he would. I've been so rude all week.

My thoughts were interrupted again by a familiar voice.

"Wilbur?! What are you- are you okay?!"
______________________________
[1049 words]

[oOoOoOoUuUuUu ClIfF hAnGeR]

[not rly lmao but that's where the chapter ends so 🤷]