Chapter thirty-five: A dance...

Chapter art by: @sweetcriessweet on twitter.

[ayyyyy there's a video attached, PLAY ITTTT. It's the song they made. :>]

[swipe the picture if ya can't find it]

TW: Swearing, underage drinking.
______________________________

Wilbur pov:

Well... care to dance?

He looked up and laughed, then stood up and pulled me by the wrist into the crowd where the others went.

For a minute we were pushed and shoved by others dancing, but we eventually found a spot clear enough to breathe properly. I could see Dream and George a bit In the distance, which probably meant Karl and Sap were close by too.

Quackity let out another one of those giddy laughs and we started twisting and turning through the people, we were laughing, it was so loud in the building, but it felt just perfect in this moment.

The dance started slow, but as our song sped up so did we, after a few more spins and turns, I couldn't remember how we got in the position we were. We had spun rather quickly a second before, and now one of my hands was holding his up, and my other was at the back of his waist, keeping him from falling to the floor.

I couldn't comprehend... whatever this was, and so I just smirked, his face had flushed with a red, and he had let out a big giggly laugh, making me come back down to earth as the song neared it's end. I slowly put us back into a normal position, just us standing in front of one another, sometimes getting shoved closer or further from the ever moving crowd.

He was just there... laughing, it made me laugh too.

"Wilbur that was awesome!! You should've told me you knew how to dance! I would've done this sooner!" The Ravenette exclaimed, and we started walking back towards the table.

Well you *hic-!* should've asked then-!

We kept walking until I bumped into someone, it was Sapnap and Karl.

Oh! Sorry guys! I drink I've had to much to think... sorry I didn't see you!

And there I was, stumbling over my words.

Karl laughed slightly again, "it's fine! Let's go back to the table!" But as soon as Sap noticed my presence with Quackity again he scowled, what is wrong with him?!

We went to the table from before and Dream came up with six cups of drinks. One for each of us. "Thanks!" Quackity piped up as we sat down.

I picked up the cup, looking at the swirling liquid again before sighing. And watching Karl pick up another card.

"Ace! One sip," and he drank. Then Charlie came back,

"Hey guys! I've got to go home now so I'll see you later!! Bye!" He waved and went outside.

We just kept playing, it seemed like it'd never end. Once it was my turn I pulled a card.

...Jack...

I sigh and chug my drink, the distinctive burning sensation coming back. I had to blink my eyes a bit so I could see again, I had shut my eyes so hard while I drank that.

"...hey guys? I'm gonna take Wil to get some water... don't wait up, we might be a second. Especially if he's got to throw up." Quackity spoke to the others, I was gonna reply with something like 'no, no, it's fine' but if I'm being honest, water sounded really good right about now.

He walked me to the kitchen, grabbing a few bottles of water.

We sat in a quiet corner of the kitchen, but the sound of people talking, the music blasting in the background, and the beating of my heart in my ears was too much. So I managed to mutter out,

Q-Quackity..? Is there *hic-!* somewhere quieter we can go..? My head hurts...

"Yeah, I saw some balcony's earlier, those rooms are upstairs, let's go there."

I nodded my head, and we grabbed the water bottles.

We slowly made our way upstairs, I was starting to feel dizzy. I definitely drank too much.

After a few minutes we were in a new room, it was mostly empty, and there was a balcony with open doors, letting in a nice breeze. I could still hear the music up here, but it was so much quieter. And everyone's voices from downstairs was either muffled or nonexistent. I already felt so much better.

He helped me sit down in front of the balcony railings, and sat beside me. Passing me another bottle of water.

I could already feel my head stop spinning and the sting in my throat was lesser now.

I was still drunk, just not hammered. I could think clearer, my head pounding lightly as the numbness of the alcohol wore off slowly.

After maybe fifteen minutes of light conversation and jokes we fell into comfortable silence. The wind blowing against us gently, and the only lights being the slight glow of the house and the moon. The music seemed quieter also. The most prominent sound being my heart and our breathing.

Y'know... you looked very pretty in the lights...

"Wh-What?"

What..? You did, the purple really looked well on you...

Q stayed silent.

Though, I'd be lying if I said you weren't always pretty like that. You look good all the time...

Wow, I guess being drunk just makes you blurt every embarrassing little thing, huh?

I could hear his breath hitch slightly, "Wil... stop it..."

Why? I'm not gonna lie to you, I never have. Any time I've said you looked nice, or that I liked your eyes, or even what I said in the janitor's closet was true. Why would now be any different..?

I shifted the way I sat slightly, letting my legs dangle off the railing a bit.

"...Wilbur... You're gonna regret that all in the morning. So I suggest you stop before you say something stupid and untrue."

Drunk words are sober thoughts... I know that to be true. And besides, I'm not that drunk anymore.

He stayed silent again. And it was like that for the next five minutes. I knew what I wanted, and I was determined to have it.

Quackity...

"...what's up..?"

...C-Can I kiss you..?
______________________________
[1028 words]

[haha L + ratio + get a cliffhanger.]

[lol just kiddin I luv u guys]