Chapter forty-six: A simple question.

Chapter art by: @Cyani07 on Twitter.

TW: Swearing.
______________________________

Wilbur pov:

I stepped into the classroom and found my seat, it was one of the back rows so I didn't have to pay too much attention this morning. I sat down and let my head fall to the desk, I knew I still had eye bags from waking up last night.

I heard the rest of the students shuffle into the room, and then the teacher cleared his throat to start class. I looked up a bit and leaned my head on one hand, looking for Quackity. The ravenette came in a minute late, but the Professor didn't care too much. He took his seat in the row in front of me, to the right. I let the class play out for a minute while I took an unused sticky note and scribbled something down;

Hey Q, can we talk soon? I have to ask you something.

-Wil

I folded the note in half, and asked the person next to me to give it to him. The teacher would've seen if I passed it to him myself. After a minute someone tapped my shoulder, it was the student beside me. She passed me the note back, and I unfolded it to see he wrote;

Skip second class? Too bad, we're doing it anyway.

-Q

I smiled to myself at the words, and waited for the bell to ring again.

<Time skip>

The bell chimed signalling for us to move for the next class. I had math next, but I was doing fairly well there so my grade wouldn't take a hit if I skipped.

My phone pinged and I checked the notification, it was Q. 'Meet at the gym doors and we can walk around the halls.' I sent an 'okay' and made my way to the gym.

When I got there I saw him stood in front of the doors and he started walking toward me. "Oh my god... finally! You take forever," he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes a bit while he scowled.

Yeah, yeah, so... what do you wanna do?

"I thought you had a question?"

Oh... I'll ask that later,

The ravenette shrugged, saying, "Alright, fine with me. We could get something from the vending machines? Or we could just avoid the staff in the halls. I'm not too hungry, I don't know about you."

Uhm... let's just walk around, then.

He nodded yes and we started wandering around the hallways, it was  mostly empty since there was classes at the time. The only people out being a few others who were skipping as well, and wouldn't snitch on us if we didn't them.

The two of us were walking around for quite a while, talking about anything unimportant. But there was only a few minutes until the bell rang again, so I had to ask the question before we split up for lunch. This is bound to be awkward...

"Yeah, so I'm pretty sure Karl and Sapnap are da-"

Hey Quackity?

"-yeah? What's up, Wil?"

Can I ask you something?

"Of course!"

...Did we... did we do anything at the party?

His walking came to a halt as I slowed down too, he looked nervous. "Why... why do you ask?"

...well- I was really drunk and stuff so I couldn't really... remember anything, but I thought- I thought we did something. So I figured I'd ask you.