Prologue

The mountains have been a very crucial part of the lives of Shiva and Shakti. Their journey started from the mountains of Kailash and ended there and now a new beginning was taking place but in the mountains of the Himalayas.

The King and Queen of the Himalayas were more than delighted to have Shakti as their daughter. The little girl was the apple of her parent's eye. She was Himavan's little Girija and Mena's adoring Parvati. She had no dirth of comfort and riches but her biggest strength was her parent's love and support. Just like she had wanted. But there was one other thing that was dear to her more than anything. Her Shiva. As a child, Parvati was devoted to Shiva and would spend most of her time with the Shivalinga in the palace temple. Although both Himavan and Mena were devotees of Vishnu, they never stopped Parvati from worshipping Shiva. When she was not engrossed in devotion, the little princess would spend her time reading, painting, dancing and exploring the mountains with her two best friends, Jaya and Vijaya. With everything, Parvati spent a blissful childhood in the lap of the Himalayan mountains.

On the other hand, Tarakasura had taken over the heavenly kingdom of Amravati and had banished Devraj Indra and the other Gods from heaven. They had taken refugee in the Mandaar mountains and had been staying hidden for a long time. Seeing that nothing was happening, one day Indra decided to visit Brahma. So along with Varuna and Agni, he went to Brahmaloka. After hearing their plight, Brahma assured them.

"Devraj, don't worry. Your days of misery will end soon. Goddess Adi Parashakti has already taken birth as the daughter of King Himalaya and she has reached maturity. Soon she will meet Shiva and reunion of Ardhanareshwara would take place. Anyways Shiva is soon going to come out of his samadhi. You All just have to wait."

But Indra wasn't satisfied with the answer.

"But Pitamah, waiting is turning out to be excessively difficult. Tarakasura has stopped our worship in Earth which has resulted in our powers receding. We have to do something soon!"

"You have no other option other than to wait, Indra. But be warned, don't do anything in haste. It won't turn out good" Brahma warned Indra. The King of Gods nodded solemnly and left with his companions.

In the Himalayas, the little Parvati was growing up rapidly. She was attaining her youth everyday like the moon that grows day by day. Her beauty knew no bounds. There was no other as beautiful as her. Her eyes were like two newly bloomed blue lotuses that resides in the lake. Her lips were like two bright red rose petals that blossomed in her slight dusky skin and her hair was long, curly and black like the dark night. Her intelligence and wisdom was beyond her years. It was like she was the mahavidya herself. She was the perfect picture of nature's beauty. Just like she was intelligent, she had also excelled in swordsmanship. She was everything a Princess could be and beyond and now she had matured into a wonderful young woman. Her parents were proud of her, especially her father. King Himavan always supported his daughter in every decision she made. She was her father's darling. But her motivation was somewhere else. From childhood, she adored Shiva and that adoration had turned into hopeless love as she grew up. She knew in her heart that one day, she would definitely reach him. If she had to marry someone then it would be him and no one else.

Meanwhile in a dense and quite cave in a secluded part of the Himalayas, Shiva was in deep samadhi. It had been years since he was like that. He still could not forget his Sati. His Shakti. He had found solace in meditation but still felt incomplete. A part of him was missing. Nature had given him the hint that his Shakti was back and so he too decided to come out of his samadhi. It was a big moment for the universe as for the first time in years, Shiva finally appeared. Sensing this, Nandi had rushed to him and had fallen at his feet.

"Prabhu, you're back! I'm so fortunate to see you again. I felt so helpless without you."

Shiva smiled.

"Nandi, you've always been my companion. In my happiness and in my sorrow so from today I bless you that whoever would express their wishes to you, it would directly reach me. You will be the bridge between me and my devotees."

"Prabhu, this is my greatest honor but now please come back home. Kailash is empty without you. All your ganas are waiting for you there." Nandi pleaded. Shiva stayed quite.

"No Nandi. I don't think I can go back to Kailash. It is filled with memories of Sati. I don't want to revisit them. It is hard for me anyways. I want to stay here for quite a while more till I'm ready."

Nandi became disappointed but nodded in acceptance. Shiva had felt his Shakti's presence in the Himalayas so he did not want to leave just yet. So to make it possible, Vishnu sent Narada to meet the King Himavan. It would pave the way to the first meeting of Shiva and Parvati.