Day Of The Wedding

It was finally the day of the wedding of the father and mother of the universe. The entire universe was rejoicing. Preparations were all done in both Himalaya and in Kailash.

The ganas had bathed Shiva with the holy waters of Ganga and applied Chandan paste on him. Then they did his bhasm - arti. Covered in ash and Chandan, Shiva looked magnificent. He was made to wear the garland of Akanda flowers, his favorite and had doned his tiger skin and rudraksh jewellery. Everybody had gathered in Kailash, including all the Gods, Vishnu and Brahma, the Goddess, the Gandharvas, the Yakshas and even the Asuras had come to participate in Shiva's wedding procession. Nobody was left out. Mahakaal was ready for his wedding. He couldn't wait to see his Parvati.

In Himalaya, Parvati had woken up early and first worshipped Lord Vishnu with her parents in a grand ceremony. Her heart was dancing with joy. All her hardships had finally came to fruition and she was about to marry her Shiva. Shakti and Shiva were finally about to reunite. Then, Parvati was bathed with milk and honey and her sister and friends eagerly started to get her ready.

Parvati wore a magnificent, red bridal lehenga as she sat in front of the mirror. Ganga combed her long, luscious, curly hair and tied it in a beautiful and neat braid and adorned it with a white flower gajra and hair pins. Her handmaidens dyed her hands and feet with red alta. Jaya did her makeup as she put some powder, then deeply lined her big fish like eyes with black kohl which made her lotus eyes glimmer. Red dye was applied on her lips which made them look like newly bloomed rose petals. With her makeup done, she was made to wear her gold jewellery. Her neck piece consisted of a choker, a broad necklace and a long necklace. They were quite heavy but suited her beautifully. Her ears had long dangling jhumka with a chain to hold them. A gold Maang tikka with multiple chains was placed on her forehead. Her nose was adorned with a big, round nose ring with a string attaching it to her hair. Her hands had broad gold bangles with attached finger rings. Her arms had armlets. Her waist was adorned with an elaborate waistbelt and her feet had golden anklets that contrasted with her red dyed feet. Ganga painted her forehead with beautiful kalka designs along with a red bindi in the middle. Some kalka designs were made on her shoulder as well. At last, a dupatta with a long trail was placed and pinned on her hair and a crown was placed over it which completed her bridal look. She looked like 'Raj Rajeshwari' or the 'Queen of the World'. Her aura glowed like a thousand suns. She was the most beautiful in the three world.

On the other hand, Shiva's procession from Kailash had taken off. It was the most grand procession anyone had ever seen. The entire universe was present. Brahma and Vishnu were at the front. Lakshmi and Saraswati had taken leave early and had gone to visit Parvati. By the time they had come, Parvati was ready.

"We missed it, didn't we? We got a bit late" Saraswati said. Parvati got up and greeted the two goddesses.

"Welcome Devi. I'm glad you could make it."

"You look beautiful, Parvati. Though we are late, I got something for you."

Parvati sat down and Lakshmi brought out a pair of red and white bangles. The white one was made of conch shells and red one was a coral bangle. She opened Parvati's chuda bangles and made her wear the pair in both hands and then reset her old bangles.

"Parvati, these are called Sankha and Pola. The sankha is made of conch shells which signifies auspiciousness and the red one represents Shakti. These are made for you. From today, if any married woman wears these, she'll have your presence in their life" Lakshmi explained. Parvati smiled and nodded. Now she was completely ready. Just then, Himavan and Menavati entered. Seeing them, Parvati went to them and took their blessings. Mena lovingly caressed and kissed her forehead.

"You look so wonderful, my daughter! I cannot believe that my little Parvati is now getting married" She said.

"And that also to none other than Devon ke Dev Mahadev. We shouldn't also forget that our daughter is no ordinary too. She is Devi Mahamaya herself. We are extremely honored to have you as our daughter, Parvati!" Himavan added. Parvati had tears in her eyes and hugged her father.

"I am also very fortunate to have you both as my parents. Thank you so much, Pitashree, for being there for me in every moment of my life. No matter what, I will always be your little Girija."

The sweet moment was interrupted by the sound of veena.
It was Narad.

"Narayan Narayan. Oh what a sight! I got to see the Mother of the Universe as a bride. I am fortunate for life."

He said and joined his hands in reverence. Parvati wiped her eyes and accepted his greeting.

Then Narad said, "Now the reason I'm here for. The Varyatra is almost near. Mahadev is coming. Oh King, Queen, I think you should be preparing for their welcome now."

Hearing this, Parvati's eyes lit up. Her Shiva was coming. Himavan and Menavati rushed to the door along with her friends and sister and Parvati was left with in her room with Lakshmi and Saraswati.