Doubts And Resolve (Part 2)

Parvati went inside the room and stood in the corner with her arms crossed. Shiva had followed her inside and had already changed into his original form. Parvati was clearly angry and he tried to pacify her.

"Uma... listen. There's a reason..."

"I don't want to hear anything. You've already said and done too much. You don't have to say anything else" Parvati said, cutting him off.

"Uma, there was an important reason for me to come here."

"I don't want to hear any reason. You know that I don't like to hear your insult, even if it's from you. What could possibly be the reason for you to badmouth yourself?"

Now Shiva got her attention and explained.

"Now listen to me, darling. There's a problem that might rise from our wedding. If your father agrees to our marriage without any doubt then he'd be eligible to achieve moksha for uniting Shiva and Shakti and he would go to Vaikuntha but if Himalaya moves from his place then there would be dislocation in the land mass and it would be destructible."

Listening to Shiva's words, Parvati calmed down a bit. She thought about what he said and then looked at him.

"If this is the problem, then why didn't you tell me first before coming here? If you would have informed me then I would have talked to my father and I'm sure he would understand his position. As Prakriti, I know my duties. Now tell me, why didn't you talk to me? And why did you come here like this?"

Shiva smiled and said, " What if I tell you that I came here to see you? I know I could have told you mentally but then I wouldn't have got to see you. Do you know how much my heart has been yearning to meet you? "

Now Parvati became quite and looked down. She realised the real reason of him coming and it was her. Shiva chuckled softly at her reaction.

"Well you are just trying to flatter me" she said.

"No, Uma. I'm telling the truth. And anyways, one good thing did come out of it."

"What?" She questioned.

"I got to see how beautiful you look when you are angry!"

"Dhyat!" Parvati said and softly poked his chest as his words took her off guard. Shiva smiled, looking at her and she couldn't help but smile as well. Her Shiva definitely knew how to lift up her mood. She then looked at him gently.

"You always know how to flatter me! But I'd like to assure you that you don't have to worry about my father leaving his place. I will convince him."

Shiva nodded. Parvati slowly took his hand that she was holding and guided him towards a seat and made him sit and then left the room.

"Where are you going, Uma?"

Before he could say anything further, she came in with a bowl in her hand.

"Whatever the reason might be, you have come to your in - laws house after all. How can I leave you without feeding you something?"

Saying so, she sat beside him and extended the bowl of kheer and fed him with her own hands. While eating, Shiva kept staring at her beaming smile.

"Kheer is always sweet but when it is made and fed by you, it has become even more sweeter" he said. She blushed at his words. Then he also took some kheer and fed her. This was their own little bit world.

After having finished eating, Shiva now stood up.

"My reason for coming here is fulfilled. It's taken care of by you. Now it's time for me leave."

Parvati held his hand and kissed them.

"My heart is not willing to let you go, Shankar!"

Shiva smiled and held her cheeks.

"If I do not leave now, how can I come to you to bring you back? It was you only who wanted me to follow every ritual and custom of a wedding. For that I have to go now."

Parvati nodded.

"Alright. But I will be waiting for you."

"I know. I will too" Shiva said and vanished. Parvati kept staring at his empty spot with longing eyes when she noticed a rudraksh on the ground. She picked it up and smiled and placed it with the previous that he had given. Now it was a complete pair.