Longing Hearts

It didn't take much persuasion to convince Himavan about leaving his place because he had immediately agreed.

"No moksha is more important than my daughter's happiness. I can leave everything for my little girl" he had said.

Himavan genuinely fulfilled the promise that he had made to the Goddess. Where Daksha had failed, Himalaya had succeeded. He had become an ideal father to Parvati like she had wanted. Although Mena had expressed some concerns and objections, Parvati along with her father and Ganga and Mainak had managed to convince her and concent to the wedding. So finally the marriage of Shiva and Shakti was happening.

That night, Shiva was walking along the banks of Mansarover and was enjoying the night as the nature around him glistened in the soft moonlight. It reminded him of his Prakriti. Mansarover contained too many memories of Shiva and Sati, so he had avoided coming here for a long time but finally he did. He remembered the first night he had spent with Sati after their wedding. They had sat right there and he had adorned her hair with a Gardenia flower. But this time, these memories didn't upset him. He smiled over the fond memories. It reminded him that Shiva and Shakti had been together eternally. She was his Sati and although she had left him but she was back again. Whatever might happen, they'd always stay together and these thoughts made him miss Parvati. He went near the lake and picked up a Lotus. A flower that she loved very much. He closed his palms and the flower disappeared.

On the other hand, Parvati was sleeping peacefully in her bed back in her palace. The shining moonlight coming through the open window made her face glow. The soft wind was making her front curls dance. Her eyes were closed but she had a smile of content in her face which clearly meant that she was dreaming about only one thing. Her Shiva. Suddenly she felt something falling on her. She opened her eyes slowly and sat up and rubbed her eyes. Then she saw that Lotus petals were falling on her. She picked one up and recognized it. Those were of Lotuses from Mansarovar and she instantly understood who was behind this. She smiled gently at the petal in her hand and looked out to the distant mountains of Kailash.

"I know you are missing me. I'm missing you too but we have got to wait for a few more days. Our wedding is in three days. We'll be together soon" She said.

Shiva heard her words as he saw her reflection in the waters. He saw her holding the Lotus petals and though she had woken up in the middle of the night and was still in bed, she looked beautiful as ever. Those Lotuses were nothing in front of her pair of sapphire eyes. He smiled.

"I know, Uma but I cannot help it. All I do is think about you nowadays. I cannot even meditate now without thinking about you.
You are always in my conscious and unconscious mind."

Parvati listened to his words as her heart skipped a beat. Even though he was physically away from her, she could feel his presence beside her. With every touch of the petals falling on her, she could feel his muscular arms around her. She could feel his warmth of love even from far away. They were mountains apart but they were one as a soul.

"I disturbed your sleep, didn't I?"

His voice brought her back from her thoughts.

"No, Mahadev. Even in my dreams, you were there. I, too cannot think about anything other than you. I can feel you near me even if you are not here" She said as a single tear of bliss rolled down her face.

"I'm always with you, Uma like you are with me. This nature makes me feel your presence and soon we will be together."

"We have waited for each other for eras, Shiva. Let's wait for a little more"

"Hmm. Now I think you should sleep. Good Night, my love."

"Good Night, Darling" said Parvati as she went back to sleep, this time with even more peace and joy in heart. Shiva too closed his eyes as the early rays of the Sun cutting through the night hit his face.