Tears Of Farewell

Soon the night faded away and daylight broke through the darkness with the rise of dew. Shiva and Parvati were resting in their given chambers when Vishnu's voice came through the door.

"Sorry to disturb you but it's morning and you are being called for the 'vidai' ceremony. We have to leave in a while."

Hearing him, Shiva went and opened the door to see Vishnu and Lakshmi waiting outside for them. Lakshmi went in and took Parvati with her as Shiva started his preperations to leave.

Parvati went to her parents to take their leave. Her mother was crying uncontrollably. She hugged her and kissed her head multiple times.

"My daughter, I cannot believe that I have to let you go now. I don't know how will you live in the mountains of Kailash but I have complete trust in you that you will manage to establish your family life. I have taught you everything regarding household and you are an expert in every field of life. I just hope Mahadev takes time out of his meditation and takes care of you. "

Parvati wiped her mother's tears as a drop of tear escaped her own eyes.

"Don't worry, Maa. Mahadev is ready to change and become a householder just for me. He loves me and I will be happy. Please don't cry, Maa. I am not going anywhere far. You can see me whenever you want but still I promise you that every autumn I will come to meet you as your daughter, alright
Maa? "

Menavati nodded and adored her some more. Then she moved to her father and touched his feet. He blessed her and then embraced her.

"Parvati, I cannot be more proud of you. My little daughter who used to run around the palace has now attained Mahadev himself through severe austerities. But what I am saying when my daughter is Adi Shakti herself. I am honored to have you as my daughter. "

Parvati replied as she teared up as well seeing her parents," Pitashree, it is me who is honored to have a father like you. You have always supported me through everything. Have stood with me in all my decisions. Without you, I could not have attained my goal. I maybe Adi Shakti for this world, but I will always be the little Girija to both of you."

Himavan lovingly caressed her head and said, "I wish you all the happiness in the world, my dear."

Then Parvati went and hugged her sister, Ganga. She happily hugged her back.

"Well Bon, I have no reason to cry. We both are now a part of Shiva's existence which brings us even more closer to each other."

Parvati smiled and nodded. She also took leave from her brother Mainak and her friends. Jaya and Vijaya did not want to leave her so Parvati assured them that they were free to go to Kailash whenever they wanted. By then, Shiva along with all the Gods had already arrived. Seeing them, Mena went to him and joined her hands.

"Mahadev, I know I have behaved unreasonably before but I have a request. Please take care of my Parvati. I am giving you a part of my heart. She has grown up in the palace with riches and comfort so I don't know how she will manage in Kailash. Please help her and look after her."

Shiva held her hands and shook his head, " Mata, please don't apologise for anything. And you have no reason to worry. Parvati is my life and I promise you that I will never let any discomfort come her way. I will always stay by her side."

Menavati was satisfied and brought Parvati towards him. It was time for them to leave. Before going, Parvati was given a handful of grains which she threw backwards and Menavati caught it in her anchal. The ritual was called 'Kanakanjali'. This signified that even though the daughter was proceeding towards her new life but a part of her will always stay behind. She will always be welcomed in her parental home with open arms.

After it was done, Shiva guided Parvati towards Nandi, who was waiting in his bull form. Parvati was about to get up but Shiva stopped her. Then suddenly, he lifted her up in his arms and made her sit on his bull. This reminded her of when she was Sati. He had done the exact same thing after their wedding before. Her form might have changed but his love for her was still the same. Shiva got up and sat behind her and Nandi started to move forward. The Gods and the ganas followed them behind and the chanting of 'Har har Mahadev' filled the surrounding as Himalaya bid them a teary farewell.