The Preparations Begin

The palace of Himalaya had been decked up with colorful decorations and flowers. It was the wedding of the Princess of the Mountains after all. Everyone was busy preparing for the coming celebrations. Himavan along with Parvati and Ganga had persuaded Mena to agree to Shiva's proposal after revealing his identity. Mena wasn't too happy on learning that Shiva had come in disguise but looking at Parvati, she had agreed.

Shiva had kept his promise. The very next day, the Saptarshis along with Arundhati, Rishi Vashith's wife and Narad had come to Himalaya with Shiva's proposal for marriage. Though Himavan had already agreed to it, he and Mena gave their formal consent. Then the wedding date was fixed. Parvati was brought to the place, adorned beautifully with new clothes and jewellery. Seeing her, the Saptarshis stood up and greeted her in reverence. Parvati returned the gesture. Then Rishi Atri revealed the wedding date.

"The perfect day for the union of Mahadev and Mata Parvati will be one week from now, on the fourteenth day of the month of Phalgun. We need your approval, Mata."

Parvati smiled and nodded.

"It is perfect, Maharishi. Thank you."

After this, the Vakdaan and the Ashirvaad ceremony was performed. Himavan and Mena blessed their daughter with rice, durva and chandan and gave her gifts. Then it was the Saptarshis turn to do so.

"Mata, you are Jagatmata. How can we bless you when we are your children?" said Rishi Kashyap.

"Maharishi, this is the ritual for the ceremony and Mahadev and I have decided to follow through with every wedding ritual. Do your duty" Parvati said.

Hearing her words, the Saptarshis too blessed her one by one followed by Arundhati and Narad. Then they left, satisfied after doing their job. After the ceremony was over, Mena went to Parvati.

"I cannot believe that my little Parvati is getting married now. I didn't even realise how time flew away so fast and you grew up. I might have been a bit rigid but I'm very proud of you, Parvati. I'm proud of both of my daughters."

Parvati and Ganga smiled and hugged their mother. She lovingly caressed their head as she teared up. Their little moment was broken when a beam of light appeared before them and it was revealed to be Vishnu. Seeing him, everyone joined their hands and he blessed them.

"Sorry to step in your moment but I couldn't find a better time to come" he said.

Himavan greeted him and said, "It is our pleasure, My Lord that you have come here yourself."

"The pleasure is mine, Giriraj. And congratulations on fixing Parvati's marriage with Mahadev. You've done a great service to this world. Now If you don't mind, I would like to talk to my sister alone."

Obliging to Vishnu's words, everyone left, leaving Parvati with him. She approached him with a teasing smile.

"You are here.. That means either you have done something disastrous or you are about to."

Vishnu faked a dramatic gasp and replied, "This is how you think of me?"

"Yes. Why don't you?"

"Uh Yes. You are not wrong" Vishnu shrugged his shoulders. Then both of them bursted into laughter. This was how their relation was. Never leaving a chance to make fun of each other but at the end of the day, they were the closest with each other.

"Behna" Vishnu said, still laughing as he opened his arms for a hug. Parvati too embraced him and he nuzzled her hair. After letting go of the hug, he pinched her cheeks.

"Congratulations, my little sister. I'm so proud of you. It is because of you that finally Mahadev has come out of his loneliness or else I was getting worried that my friend would never engage with this world again. Thank you. You not only helped Shiva come out of his depression but also paved path to save the world. "

Parvati chuckled and said, " Thank you, Bhrata. But it wouldn't have been possible without your help and guidance. Now tell me, what are you here for? "

"Hmmm I was here to just meet my sister but looking at you, it seems like you have something to tell me."

Parvati smiled.

"What is hidden from you, brother? Yes I do need your help. I'm worried, Narayan. Though Mahadev has agreed to follow the wedding rituals, he has no knowledge about them. Neither does anyone in Kailash. I need you to help him with this."

Vishnu placed his hands on his waist.

"And here I thought I will be from the bride's side. But don't worry, I know that Sakha would need my help and I would be there to guide him. And anyways, I'm a representative from both the bride's and the groom's side so I will have to balance both."

"Thank you. Thank you so much, Bhrata. I knew I could depend on you."

"That's what I'm here for, sister. Now allow me to leave. I've to go meet your Mahadev" Vishnu said. Parvati nodded and he left. Finally, the doubt she had in her heart was solved. Now everything would go fine. Or that was what she thought.