Chapter 18: Secrets revealed

Charlie's POV

Brax was in the shower getting ready for work while I stood in the kitchen feeding Zoey and thinking of a way to tell Brax I was pregnant. "Ok, I'm off to Yabbie Creek. I gotta pick up some things from a supplier then drop them at Angelo's and I'll be home" Brax walked out into the kitchen and noticed me staring out the window. "You alright Charlie?" Brax broke me away from the window.

"Um yeah fine I nodded and smiled. Ok then, well, I'll see you later" he kissed my cheek before leaving. I put Zoey in the bouncer and placed it on the bathroom floor so I could keep an eye on her while I had a shower. I honestly knew I couldn't handle another baby, but abortion...that was something I had never considered until now. It was too soon. I was still trying to sort out my head. But the big question was to tell Brax or not to tell Brax. If I told Brax I knew he would want to keep it, but if I had an abortion and if he ever found out, he would never forgive me. I quickly got dressed and placed Zoey in the cot for a nap while I did some housework. I had just finished vacuuming the living room and was starting on the bedroom when I felt a sudden cramping feeling in my stomach. It was a very unnerving feeling and I could tell something was wrong. "Oh god" I whispered before rushing into the bedroom to get Zoey. "Oww" I leant against the cot in pain. I quickly got her out of the cot, waking her in the process before grabbing some car keys and heading out the door. I put a screaming Zoey into the capsule and strapped her in before hopping in the car myself. I needed to get to a hospital and fast. I was driving along the winding road towards the hospital, Zoey still screaming in the back seat. "Its alright sweetheart, everything will be fine" I tried not to cry and I turned around quickly to check if she was all right. I quickly looked towards the road before feeling something wet and slimy between my legs. Looking down I noticed I was bleeding quite heavily through my jeans. "No, no, no" I looked at the large amount of blood before looking at what was ahead of me on the road. And then silence.

Brax's POV

I was coming home from Yabbie Creek after picking up some supplies. Winding along the back road I noticed a familiar charcoal car crashed into a tree as I came around one of the sharp corners. The cops, fire brigade and ambos were around. "Charlie!" I immediately pulled my car over before running across the road. "CHARLIE!" I screamed, running towards the crash. Brax...Brax...I need you to calm down" A pale looking Watson stopped me as I tried to run towards the crash.

"What happened? Is she ok? What about Zoey? ZOEY!" I screamed as Watson held me back.

"Brax...I was heading into the bay to do patrol and noticed the crash. I'm not sure how long Charlie has been here for, but we're trying our best to get both her and Zoey out." Watson explained. I could hear Zoey screaming her little lungs out before pushing Watson out of the way.

"Sir, I need you to calm down" a larger, male police officer grabbed me and pulled me back.

"THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND AND MY KID IN THERE, DON'T TELL ME TO FUCKING CALM DOWN!" I pushed past him and ran up to the car only to find Charlie in a neck brace and unconscious. "Come on Charlie...wake up for me...please!" I looked at her. She had a cuts all over her face, along with blood on her hands. "Where is she bleeding from?" I asked a paramedic who was treating her, confused. Before the paramedic could answer.

"Brax..." She mumbled, her eyes slowly opening. "Brax...Brax!" She started to panic as she seen her surroundings. "Zoey...Zoey" She was crying. The paramedic checked her vital signs.

"Charlie, my name is Sarah and I need you to stay really still for me ok. You've been in a car accident and you're bleeding quite heavily and I need to ask you some questions" The paramedic started at her. Charlie was still panicking.

"Hey Charlie...take some deep breaths. Zoey's in the back...she looks like she is fine, just crying...can you hear her?" I looked into the back as the officers were trying to get into the back to get her out.

"The baby Brax!" She was still crying.

"Charlie, the baby is fine...they are gonna get her out and they are gonna get you out!" I reassured her.

"No, no, no...the baby" She put her hands on her stomach and that's when I noticed the blood covering her legs. I had never seen that much blood in my life.

"Oh god" I stood back and covered my mouth. I honestly thought I was gonna be sick.

"Charlie...I need to ask you a few questions and check you over" The paramedic continued evaluating her. "How many weeks pregnant are you Charlie?" The paramedic listened to her chest before looking into the car down at her legs.

"10 weeks" Charlie hiccupped before looking at me sadly. "I only just found out & I was on my way to the hospital cause I had some cramping and then noticed I was bleeding" She nodded. I walked away before sitting down next to the police car. My family, the only people that meant anything in my life were trapped and hurt and I couldn't do anything.

"Brax the paramedics want to talk to you" Watson walked over soon after and knelt down next to me. I nodded before standing up and walking over to the ambulance.

"Ok Mr Braxton, due to the potion Charlie is in, we can't get in to check out what's going on with the baby, but as soon as we get her out, we'll take her straight to hospital. She can move her feet and feel her toes which is a good sign and all her vital signs are good, it looks like just a very big bump to the head, but of course we can't be too sure until we get her out" The paramedic reassured me. "As for Zoey we have someone trying to get her out right now" She continued as I noticed the fire brigade using a special tool to open the back door and preparing a huge claw type cutter to open the front door. The back door was soon open and the paramedics had gotten Zoey out, capsule and all, carefully, before rushing her into the ambulance. I raced over and looked at my baby who's eyes were bloodshot and full of tears but was calming down as she seen me.

"Hey bub!" I smiled down at her in relief, as a paramedic checked her over.

"She looks ok to me but just to be on the safe side I want to get her to hospital" The male paramedic told me.

"Yep...I'll come" I nodded.

"I think for now it'd be best if you stayed with your partner" He nodded towards the car as the fire brigade started to cut Charlie out.

"Brax, I'll go with Zoey, you stay with Charlie...she needs you" Watson commented. I looked down at Zoey before kissing her forehead and nodding at Watson. I walked slowly over to the wreckage as I seen Charlie being put on a board and then being put on a gurney. The started wheeling her over to the ambulance.

"Is she alright Brax? Is Zoey alright?" Charlie asked me crying.

"She's fine Charlie" I nodded before looking at the blood all over her jeans. How could she have not told me this already?