Chapter 21: Fine

Charlie's POV

"Well your scans are all clear Charlie. I think you're ready to go home!" Sid gave me the good news as I repacked my overnight bag, only to see Brax walking through the door. You hear that...I can go home!" I smiled at him before placing my arms around his neck and pulling him into an embrace.

"You sure she's all good Doc?" Brax asked Sid worried.

"Brax, she'll be fine. I just want you to come in next week for a check up and keep taking the antibiotics until they run out" Sid smiled before leaving.

"Where's Zo?" I asked, still with my arms around Brax.

"Ruby and Casey have her" He seemed unsettled. "Are you sure you're ok? I can call Fiona if you want?" He asked.

"Brax...I am fine" I smiled before placing a passionate kiss on his lips. "Does that prove it?" I chuckled as I broke away.

"Yeah" He mumbled, pulling away and grabbing my bag.

"What's up?" I asked concerned as to why he wasn't his usual self.

"Nothing...I...Its just that I'm understaffed at the restaurant so I have to drop you at home and go straight in" He nodded.

"Oh ok. Well get me home Mr Braxton...you have a day job to get to" I kissed his cheek before grabbing his hand and heading out the door. Brax soon dropped me home where I found Ruby, Casey and Bianca.

"Why didn't you call me?" Bianca practically yelled at me before hugging me tightly.

"Bianca I'm fine. I didn't want to worry you" I smiled at her.

"Charlie...you had a miscarriage and you were in a car accident, how can you be fine?" She whispered.

"I just am" I tried to convince her. I don't think anyone understood that I really was ok with this. I knew I wasn't ready for a baby and I was quite content with how my life was at the current time. I knew something wasn't sitting right with Brax though. I could tell something was up with him.

"Where's Brax?" Casey asked as we all sat at the kitchen table with tea and coffee.

"He said he was understaffed at the restaurant so he went in" I nodded.

"Oh ok. I might head down and see if he wants a hand then" Casey smiled before leaving.

"Was Zoey alright last night?" I asked Ruby who was testing her blood sugar for her diabetes.

"Yeah my little sister is an angel!" Ruby chuckled before sitting down at the table with us.

"What about Brax? Was he ok?" I asked worried.

"He hasn't really said much to be honest Charlie" She nodded. I heard Zoey from her room before walking in and find her gurgling in her cot.

"Hello my gorgeous girl" I picked her up and held her to my chest. "I'm so glad you're ok baby" I whispered before kissing her forehead.

Casey's POV

I walked into Angelo's only to find the place dead. "Um Charlie said you were busy?" I seen Brax standing on the outside balcony with a bourbon in his hand. I just needed some space" He nodded taking a sip, before walking back in and getting a glass and the bottle, offering me some.

"Brax its 10.30am" I shook my head. He shrugged before topping up his glass. "Brax what is wrong with you? Your girlfriend just had a serious accident and lost a child, and you're here drinking! You need to be at home with her!" I tried to talk some sense into him.

"Casey, she's fine! And I don't want to talk about it!" he shook his head before walking behind the bar.

"She might be fine, but you sure are not!" I shook my head at him.

"You know what I'm really starting to get sick of hearing that word; fine" He snapped, slamming his drink down. I'd never seen Brax like this since we left the bay and went to Coffs Harbour, but now I could tell something was seriously not right with him.