Chapter 25: Like a knife

Charlie's POV

"Charlie get out!" Brax grabbed me with both hands as I rushed towards Ruby. No I ripped myself away from him as Jake walked over towards me. Maybe...just maybe I can finish the job that my brother was in the middle of before your piggy mates shot him down!" Jake yelled as he came closer to me. Jake listen to me, if Ruby doesn't see a doctor soon she's going to die!" I explained, trying to get through to him. I walked over to her and checked her vital signs.

"Maybe you should have thought of that before you got my brother shot!" He yelled at me.

"YOU'RE BROTHER GOT HIMSELF SHOT! HE KIDNAPPED ME AND TRIED TO KILL ME AND MY UNBORN BABY!" I screamed as I stormed over to him, punching his chest.

"Charlie!" Brax rushed over and grabbed me as I kicked and screamed.

"Get off me!" I cried as I pushed Brax away."I stayed by your brother's side until the end. I had his blood on my hands, on my clothes...I didn't want him to die alone and he didn't. I was there for him, so the least you can do is let my baby's go...please!" I begged.

"My brother is still dead and someone's gotta pay for that!" He hissed as he walked over to the sports bag and picked up crying Zoey. "She's a precious little thing isn't she" He smirked. "Shhhh honey, Mummy and Daddy are both here now! She looks nothing like a Braxton, ay Darryl?" He continued smirking.

"Just let the girls go! Its me you want, so just let them go" Brax looked at Jake seriously.

"See here's the thing. If I kill you, the only people who get hurt are your girls...if I kill them, seeing you lose you're family...that's priceless!" He chuckled, dragging the back of the blade against her cheek, before putting Zoey back in the sports bag.

"The police will be here soon, they know I'm here!" I yelled at him.

"And by the time they get here, you'll be gone and so will I!" He yelled with a laugh.

"Just give them back to me!" I screamed as I ran towards him, jumping on him, kicking and screaming. I tackled him to the ground before feeling a sharp pain in my arm. Jake had made a sharp but reasonably shallow cut in my arm with the flick knife he was holding. I felt Brax drag me off him before grabbing the knife and throwing it across the room. Brax held him by the scruff of the neck and glared at him.

"Charlie, take the girls and go. I'll finish this!" He yelled at me through gritted teeth as he started laying into Jake. I rushed over to Ruby and started to untie her. I knew I wouldn't be able to carry both Ruby and Zoey out at the same time.

"Come on baby, I need you to wake up for me!" I held Ruby's lifeless face in my hands and pleaded. "Please Ruby, wake up!" I screamed. "Brax...she's not waking up!" I cried out to him.

Brax's POV

I turned and looked towards Charlie crying with Ruby before Jake over powered me. I tried to fight my way out of his hold as he stood up and dragged me by the scruff of my shirt before grabbing the knife I had thrown across the room. I looked at the menacing stare of his eyes before looking over to Charlie. "Noooo!" She screamed but it was too late. My fate had already been decided and I could feel the small blade tearing through my insides.

"JAKE PIROVIC DROP THE WEAPON!" I heard a loud voice before looking around to find a blur of police, including Watson surrounding the warehouse. I could see the smirk on Jake's face as he looked at me. This is for my brother" He leaned down and hissed in my ear as I felt the blade stab further inside me before hearing a bang and Jake collapsing next to me. And next was silence.