‣ five

In the palette of emotions, anxiety creates the dull hues of the world, creating a intense painting of the blank canvas of the soul.

▲

Aurelia is sitting at her easel, looking at her unfinished artwork. She could hear the giggling and laughter from upstairs, where Jackie, Abby, and Genesis are getting ready to go. She has overheard enough of their conversations to know that this party is supposed to be Aiden's biggest one he has ever thrown for any of his friends. The girls would even joke about him liking the guys in the friend group more than the girls, but knowing them for the past two days, she's sure they weren't joking and those were words branching from their true thoughts and feelings about Aiden.

She doesn't understand why they would want to go out and party together when it's clear they do not like each other as much as they try to lead on. And for whom?

Aurelia's friends, back home when she was in high school, only ever fought over small childish things. Like who's hogging the blanket and who's turn is it to host a sleepover. It was never as serious as who's sleeping with who, and who popped what pill. They were never like that, and despite being Aurelia's best friends, Sabrina and Cameron had other friends besides her; giving her friends time away from each other so they won't get sick of each other earlier on. So when they went out again, it was always safe and fun, never hostile and uncomfortable.

However, her time with Jackie wasn't as she assumed it would be. Even though she preferred the comfort from the student housing, Jackie somehow gave her enough convincing to actually go to this unknown cafe with her. It wasn't a bad idea. The both of them didn't have any time to talk to each other since she moved into the house, and Jackie really didn't help make things easier by creating an uncomfortable space for her by inviting her friends out of nowhere. So this trip was necessary, at least to her.

The cafe visit wasn't a bad one. The light browns and wooden accents were very pretty. The subtle whites and green colors were the pretty shade for that cozy vibe. The place sparked a bit of inspiration in her, but of course, she couldn't get distracted at the moment. That doesn't mean she doesn't plan on coming back, but alone this time.

"Here's a good spot." Jackie took a seat and Aurelia followed.

Just like any normal visit, they sat and chatted over a cup of coffee, well tea for her, since she really didn't like coffee. Aurelia had expected Jackie to spend their time together gossiping about her so-called best friends, but she was surprised. The older woman decided to actually get to know Aurelia. Asking the meaningful and fun questions, rather than the obvious questions. This also meant Aurelia got to know a bit more about Jackie—as well as Aiden.