‣ eighteen

Desire, Lust, and Passion are the pigments of life's canvas. Just as an artist acts on inspiration, so too must we, with brushstrokes of physical touch, bring forth the masterpiece of our emotions onto the blank canvas of existence.

 ▰

 ▰

Aurelia leans against the elevator wall, listening to her music as she waits for the doors to open. She hums the song as she waits, trying to prepare herself before she sees Andrew or even Elijah. She left early that day to avoid the men, especially after listening in on them. How can she face them? Anytime someone mentions their names, she replays what she heard the night before. It's going to be hard trying to pretend like she doesn't know what they were doing.

Once the elevator door opens, Aurelia steps off, taking her headphones off. The music can still be heard through the headphones as she puts the key in the door and opens it. She silently prays that neither men are present.

However, when she opens it, she sees Elijah leaning against the counter just a few steps away from the living area. He seems to be deep in thought because the man didn't even notice her come in. Aurelia pulls her headphones from around her neck and turns them off. She closes the door behind her, causing the tall male to finally snap back to reality.

"Hey," he greets softly, approaching her with a small grin on his face. "I didn't see you this morning, did you have an early class?"

Aurelia shakes her head as she takes her shoes off. "I wanted to leave early because I wanted to talk to Sunny about the event on Friday. You know, since I'm participating in it."

It was only a white lie.

She did want to talk to Sunny, but she had all day to do so. Aurelia just used that as an excuse so Elijah wouldn't start asking questions to the point she won't be able to lie about what she heard the previous night.

"Oh, right." he chuckles, running his large hands through his hair first, before guiding them down his chest. "Speaking of Friday, I have some good news from your roommate."

Aurelia swallows hard as she tries her hardest not to look at the man's bare chest, the one he had on display. The chest he could easily cover if he just buttoned the last four buttons on shirt. She could see his chest tattoo. It was a quote, but it wasn't a big font.

"French."

She shakes her head and looks up at him. "Huh?"

He pushes off of the counter and approaches her. Elijah lets out a small chuckle before opening his shirt a bit more. "My tattoo? It's French."

"Why-"

She stumbles over her words before she's silent. It is then that she realized that she was caught staring again. Here this man was trying to tell her something important and all she could do is check him out? Was she checking him out? No. He's just distracting.