‣ two

❝In the canvas of dreams, artists are the weavers of hope, threading the tapestry of the good that lies hidden within our most cherished aspirations.❞

▲

The closer she got to the main campus, the louder the music could be heard. They really were throwing some form of event for the freshmen. Aurelia, deep down, did not trust Jackie's word. She is a complete stranger. She doesn't really know her, but it wouldn't hurt to get to know the person she will be staying with why she attends this school.

Walking up the flight of stairs, she got chills as she took a glance around the place. There were so many people. One thing for sure, she did not do well with big crowds. However, if it was a small group of three she would be perfectly fine. For the most part. Putting her hands in the pockets of her overalls, she walks towards Campus statue. The statue of its founder. Even in a place like this, full of people, Aurelia somehow loses herself in the art rather than the music and people.

"Aurelia, right?" A voice speaks close to her ear, causing her to flinch before looking beside her.

It was the same guy that showed up with Jackie. Now that she thinks about it, she doesn't know if she ever got his name. That was besides the point, here he is now. In front of her looking taller now than he's beside her rather than a few feet away from her.

"Uh," Aurelia nods her head slowly. "Yes, I don't think I got your name though."

The male smiles big, showing off his pink gums and pearly white teeth. His laugh was monotone, much like his speaking voice. The man is attractive, like a stone sculpture of a man, a god from Greek mythology. Though she didn't have a type, she could definitely say he gives off an approachable vibe the moment he speaks. Despite his size, he wasn't that intimidating.

"Aiden." He tells her nodding his head in a certain motion, as if he's indirectly telling her to follow him. "Jackie's boyfriend."

Aurelia makes a small 'o' with her lips before nodding her head. That made sense to her. When they first showed up at the house, she did hear Jackie call him babe, but she didn't think anything of it. She was too nervous and awkward to be as energetic and talkative. These are the times she wished her best friends were here. They would've helped her warm up in an environment like this one. Unfortunately, they aren't here. So she needs to start doing these kinds of things on her own.

"We are at the tattoo booth." He tells her as she walks alongside him.

"Tattoo?"

"I know, I know," he laughs. "What kind of school allows a tattoo booth?"

Aurelia nods her head laughing quietly. "I get it's art and we are at an art university, but they allow people to buy tattoos?"

Aiden stops at the popcorn stand and buys a small cup of popcorn. "You're right on the nose. The school doesn't allow people to get actual tattoos at events like this."