▸ thirty-two

Every brushstroke is a whispered confession of longing, every hue a reflection of the emotions swirling in the depths of the heart. In this dance of creation, lovers find themselves immersed in a world where every stroke, every line, speaks volumes of the passion that binds them together, transcending the boundaries of words to express the ineffable beauty of their connection.

▂

The sight of Sunny patting Aurelia's shoulder, and causing her to smile so beautifully like that bothers Elijah so much. He wasn't jealous, he wasn't a jealous person. The blond male is more upset that Sunny's playing as if he didn't spend a night with his mother, who's supposed to be getting remarried. Elijah finally pushes himself off of the wall and walks towards the two. Aurelia hadn't noticed him yet, so when he wrapped his arms around her waist, she tensed up.

"Elijah," she mumbles quietly, pushing his hand away and shyly looking away from him. "You scared me."

"What are you two talking about?" Elijah asks her, but he's only glaring at Sunny, who got a confused expression on his face.

"Oh," Sunny smiles before looking down at Aurelia. "I was letting her know about the art department small event. You remember the party we threw here, on Halloween."

Elijah knows exactly what he's talking about. The party would be just with the art students in the art department. It was just another way to get close to everyone before midterms. Which is on Halloween. It's like an early Halloween party.

"Is that so," Elijah says, looking at Aurelia who's staring at his arms that were crossed over his chest. "Are you planning on going, Aurelia?"

She swallows down anxiously before shrugging her shoulders as she looks up at him. "Maybe. I-It's still a while away before that event."

He noticed. Of course he did. Aurelia is checking him out so openly, so innocently, as if it's just a normal common thing to do. Elijah grins and looks at Sunny again. "Well, we'll see you later Sunny."

Elijah wraps his arm around Aurelia's shoulder, before he begins to walk away and towards the door of the art room. As they both walk further and further away from the room, Aurelia's silence is broken when she clears her throat.

"That was tense. Did something happen between you two?" She asks, persistent as ever, but of course he doesn't want to tell her, not until he confronts the man first. He also didn't want her to dislike him because he dislikes him. Granted. His mother can see and be with whomever she wants, and the same goes to Sunny, but it's socially wrong for his former teacher and current mentor to bring it upon himself to sleep with his mother.

"Hm," he hums trying to figure out the right words to say. "Things are a bit tense, but I don't know if I want to talk about it at this moment."

He nods mentally. He likes that response.