‣ eleven

an artist sometimes lay everything out bare for the world to see, even the darkest of emotions get brought to the light.

▂

Elijah couldn't fight the grin covering his face as he sees the timid, yet quite stubborn, girl excuse herself from the room. He just shakes his head, knowing exactly what he did will cause her all sorts of emotions. He is a tease. He loves teasing people, especially the ones who are just as stubborn as him.

"As I said," Elijah crosses his arms, not falling stranger to the stares he gets from everyone present in the room. "Arthur will be back on Wednesday, I'm just here because I had time. It's nice to see the school I've been trying my hardest to get out of."

He says sarcastically, but his tone is all amusement. It causes the students present to laugh softly before they begin to work. Elijah leans against one of the stools far from the working area so he wouldn't distract them. He still has fifteen minutes before their actual class time starts, so he decides to take his time looking over his co-workers, and employees, messages about the parlor. Of course, Adrian tells him he'll be late again, and he already informed his clients.

Elijah expected this when he hired Adrian. Sure, in the beginning, he couldn't stand Adrian. He rightfully judged him due to the nature of his brother. He thought, if Aiden got his partner hooked on drugs, and involved with them in general, who's to say that Aiden's twin, Adrian, isn't the same way? When he was cutting down to the right people for the positions, he had to spend a week with Adrian to see if he's really different. Fortunately, Adrian is the complete opposite of Aiden. In fact, Elijah realized they had a lot more in common than he expected.

Just like Adrian, he too lived in the shadows of his brother, and he technically still does live in the shadows. The famous painter extraordinaire, Arthur James, is his older brother. Even his known name is overpowering his birth name—Elijah James. Some people don't even realize that they are brothers, simply because he was the idiot art prodigy who turned down fame for a tattoo parlor, but Arthur is the art genius, who made millions on his most popular piece, joyous lust, a piece well known in the art world.

Anyway, similar to Adrian, Elijah was neglected and ignored by his mother. Not because of a different hobby, he and Arthur love art and took it seriously, and one thing his and Arthur's mother did do was encourage her sons to work hard in what they are passionate about. His mother neglected him because he came out to her. He would've never thought coming out as bisexual to his mother would cause her to treat him as if he never existed. As if he was a ghost that lingered. Even though Arthur doesn't treat him like shit, like Aiden does to his twin brother, Elijah could sympathize with him that much. So in the end, the man ended up getting the position at his parlor.

"Hey, Elijah, can you give me some suggestions?" one of the people in the room calls out to him.

Elijah slides his phone into his pocket and walks over to the male sitting at the stool and easel just a few feet in front of him. His eyes glanced over the piece, truly amazed by the skillful brush strokes and the creativity. However, he could tell there is no passion. He could also tell that he, the male who's the owner of the piece, wasn't confident in it himself.