▸ thirty

Apologizing is the art of acknowledging the masterpiece of understanding, painted with sincerity and humility.

▬

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Aurelia's phone is stationary on her bed. It's surrounded by school items. Her notebook, laptop, and art bag. She's pacing back and forth while nervously taking subtle glances at her phone. Her room is dim, but only because the fall weather has just started to kick in, and the gloomy pale indigo-gray days have begun.

Two weeks. It has been two full weeks. She has been avoiding them. She hasn't tried calling them at all, but her avoiding them only made her more guilty, anxious even. She didn't know why she wanted to avoid them, maybe because she couldn't form a sentence or a start to the conversation she needed to have. Aurelia wanted to be prepared for important things like this, because if she went into it unprepared she would definitely panic.

"Aurelia I'm going to get lunch with–" Nina's words were cut short when she walked into the room. "What are you doing in the dark?"

The taller woman flips the light switch. "I get it's raining but that shouldn't affect your mood like this. Did you and the boys fight again?"

Defeated, Aurelia plops down on her bed. "I haven't said anything to them in two weeks."

"My god," she crosses her arms. "Did they reach out?"

"No, they did... I just ignored them." She tells her truthfully.

"What? Why not? I thought you liked them?" She asks, sitting down beside her, causing her to lean her head against get shoulder.

"I do like them, I just... I don't know how to start that conversation up." Aurelia stands up and hugs herself. "What do I say? You both hurt my feelings, apologize?"

"That's a start, love." Nina tells her, softly. "What this situation shouldn't be doing is, making you this closed off. You hardly ever come out of this room. All you do is work, study, and sleep."

"What if they're already done with me, what if–"

Nina stands up and sighs. "You need a distraction. How about you come with me and Adrian. We're getting lunch, the art department to talk to Sunny, and then going to the performing art department showcase later to see their performance. Maybe after doing something during the day, you'll have a clear mind to finally talk to them face to face. How does that sound?"

Aurelia thought about it for a moment, and after hearing what they would be doing, she took a deep breath before nodding her head. "Okay, I'll come with you."

"See downstairs in fifteen minutes?" Nina walks out of the room, grabbing the doorknob. "Remember, this is supposed to help clear your mind so you can be able to have that tough conversation with them."

Aurelia just nods her head and begins to search her things for something to wear. She wanted it to be casual, but also really stealthy. She didn't want the two men noticing her in public. Fortunately, Andrew won't be on campus, so it'll be easy to avoid running into him, but Elijah is really persistent. If he wants to see her he would do everything in his power to. Right?