▸ twenty-nine

In the embrace of movement, we find ourselves entwined with the mysteries of passion and desire, as if the very essence of our souls choreographs the dance of our existence. It is in the fluidity of motion that we uncover the hidden depths of our being, where words fail and emotions reign supreme. For in the dance, we surrender to the music of our hearts, allowing ourselves to be swept away by the intoxicating whirlwind of sensation, where the body becomes the canvas and the dance, the masterpiece of our untamed spirits.

▬

Fire. Fire burning down below, and the heat and flames are spreading throughout her body. Even though the wind is cooler and strong, nothing could keep the rising flames at bay. This is the only way she could describe kissing Andrew. Her heart is racing, and her mind is completely clouded. It feels like she's unconscious, but she's fully aware of what's happening.

Aurelia somehow ended up straddling his thighs, while her arms wrapped around his neck. Meanwhile, Andrew's hands remained respectfully on her waist. She had only kissed one other person—Elijah—and even after kissing them both, she somehow could feel the same level of passion they put into the kiss. Their kisses to her are special. This is her second time kissing, and with people she's interested in.

A few seconds later, Andrew pulls away from the kiss. He exhales softly, his eyes closed, while he leans forward to press his forehead against hers. The two sit there, panting softly, simmering in the moment, letting the feeling of the kiss linger upon their lips. Aurelia could hear her heart beating against her chest as she tried hard no to focus on the male's strong hands, squeezing her waist.

"Damn it," she hears him curse softly, pulling away slightly and turning his gaze elsewhere, evading her eyes.

"What's the matter?" she inquires, her concern evident as she notices the conflict in his expression.

Andrew shakes his head, gradually returning his focus to her. In his eyes, she senses a restraint, a holding back from acting on whatever thoughts are swirling in his mind. Aurelia unwinds her arms from around his neck and lowers her hands, inspecting her rings thoughtfully. The tension lingers until he cups her face gently and leans in once more.

Their lips were barely grazing when he grins mischievously. "Nothing's wrong, Angel. I just adore how you tense up when I touch you, or how your breath quickens when I lean in to kiss you. You truly are something special."

Aurelia swallows nervously before shyly averting her gaze, a playful grin tugging at her lips as he chuckles softly. The two cats finally make their appearance, hopping onto her lap as she settles comfortably on Andrew's lap.

"Don't worry, she's one of the nicer people in my life," Andrew assures, gently lifting the cats off her and pulling her closer as he reclines on the grass.

"Andrew!" she laughs, playfully protesting as she leans forward, her hands resting on the grass on either side of his head. "What are you up to now?"

"Just admiring the view," he teases, lifting his head slightly to plant a playful kiss on her throat and chin. "And my, my, my, don't you look stunning."