▸ twenty-eight

Like a dance under the moonlit sky, dates and kisses intertwine, drawing us into a rhythm of passion and discovery. In the embrace of another, we may find ourselves drawn to their enigmatic darkness, yet within it lies the potential for illumination. Just as in art, where shadows give depth to the canvas, exploring someone's complexities can reveal unexpected layers of beauty and truth. It's in the delicate balance of light and shadow, movement and stillness, that we uncover the masterpiece of love.

▬

Aurelia walks outside the art department building, taking in the summer turning into autumn air. She walks down the stone stairs, meeting Adrian at the bottom. The long haired man is staring at his phone, his thumbs moving fast across the screen. Though he wasn't looking at her, she could tell that whatever he is doing is bothering him.

"Hey, Adrian." She greets him verbally, watching the male look up from his phone and towards her as she descends down the stairs.

"Hey Relia, how did it go with Sunny?" He asks, referring to the meeting she just got out of with their Major leader, or department leader.

He called her the previous night, letting her know that someone wanted to buy her piece for five thousand dollars. That's the largest, if not the only, sum she has been offered for her art. Sunny told her an older woman, a retired doctor, wanted it. The event was a few weeks ago, and Aurelia was honestly expecting to bring her work of art home with her, since no one wanted it, especially when it was not the winning piece.

"Yeah," she smiles. "Someone bought my art piece, so Sunny wanted to give me the money from the buyer."

"That's amazing," Adrian says before looking down at his phone again, his smile fading away from his lips as the confusion settles across his face. "I'm happy for you."

"Is everything okay?" She asks, standing in front of him, crossing her arms with a concerned expression covering her face as she watches him scroll through his phone as if she wasn't standing in front of him. "You seem very... bothered."

Adrian sighs and puts his phone away, running his hands down his face right after. Aurelia obviously waited for the man to feel comfortable enough to talk to her. After a couple of seconds, the two of them begin to walk further away from the art department.

"Rochelle is being ridiculous as always," he mumbles as he shoves his hands in his cargo pants, keeping his eyes straight ahead. "Now she's saying she's pregnant, all because she saw me and Nina kissing the night of my party."

Her steps halt, causing Adrian to slow down to look over his shoulder. "What?"

"Are you sure this is just her being jealous, or is she actually pregnant." Aurelia asks genuinely.

The girl did not know her, so she wouldn't talk badly about her. That doesn't mean if she did she would, but she didn't know she would judge her, but if she's actually pregnant, Adiran shouldn't take it as something that she's just using against him, he should still try to see if it's true. She remembers Nina said that Adrian sleeps with Rochelle a lot, so many during some of those times they weren't careful.