▸ twenty-two

Much like the intricate dance of love, the canvas of life unfolds in unpredictable ways. Experiencing what you believe to be love can at times resemble your worst nightmare. Just as the world you've tirelessly built may crumble before you, akin to the delicate strokes of art and the graceful movements of dance. The frustration of watching your efforts dissipate is reminiscent of the artist who questions the worthiness of their creation or the dancer who practices tirelessly, yet still feels inadequate in the end.

▂

Andrew stands under the running water, pour down from the fancy shower head. The pressure felt right, not too hard, but good enough to leave him feeling less stressed out. As he rinses the soap from his body, Elijah is standing behind him, lathering his back with soap. The shower was intimate, but it was quiet. Typically, the two would be able to keep their hands off of each other, the actual showering would come later. However, they were truly just showering. He could tell that Andrew was having one shitty day, and sex wasn't on his mind. Though he's probably a lot more sexual than Eli, he too has days where sex doesn't help solve his anger issues or problems. Elijah turns him around, looking in his eyes before pressing a soft peck to his lips. Again, nothing too intense, that's just what he does. Reassuring him that he's there with physical touch. As he stood under the water for a moment, to make sure all the soap was off of him, his thoughts were starting to appear in his negative head once again.

"I'm going to get out now." he murmurs, causing Elijah to nod his head.

When Andrew slides the shower door open, Elijah steps forward, rinsing the soap that was on him off. As he steps on to the shower mat, the one that was placed on the floor, Andrew takes the towel from the rack, and uses it to dry his hair. His thoughts were now front and center, recalling the events of the day. His parents cut him off, which he didn't care much about. They only started being a pain in the ass since he began to make a name for himself. His parents never were the type to tell him he couldn't do things. His mother used to sign him up in almost every class a five year old could take, just to see what he liked more. When he took one hip-hop class, he fell in love with it quickly. His father used to hold family gatherings just to show off his talent to the family. However, the moment he turned eighteen and landed in his dream university, and he became the talk amongst the campus and the campus rich society, his parents began to hassle him about reputation. So, when he overdosed last year, they were disappointed.

Even before they forced him into a rehab, Andrew told them before that he didn't take whatever the paperwork was saying. He even admitted to taking one pill, just one, and it's like from that day forward, his parents distanced themselves. They no longer cared or supported him anymore. They wanted him to move to South Korea, with his grandparents, just to finish university there. He didn't want that, he didn't want to go for numerous reasons. South Korea didn't have his dream university, and South Korea didn't have Elijah. Everything was only pissing him off further,