‣ sixteen

Whether it's the passionate hues of love, the bold strokes of anger, or the intricate patterns of frustration, art mirrors the human emotions. Each masterpiece invites you to gaze upon it, becoming a mirror to your own heart's rhythm, making it race and develop with the vivid tapestry of emotions embedded in the strokes and contours. Art, like a captivating encounter, has the power to evoke the same heartbeat, creating an intimate connection between the observer and the artistry before them.

▂

Aurelia watches the man from the chair opposite of the couch he was sleeping on. This may look weird from an outsider looking in, but she's only curious. The man she had spoken to weeks ago is now sleeping on the couch that belongs to another man that she is slowly growing close to. She only heard a few stories, but she knows that Andrew and Elijah know each other. However, even if she heard a few mindless rumors, she'd much rather hear their story from them.

Andrew sighs, causing her to flinch slightly, almost falling out of the chair she is sitting in. "I told you not to mind me, Angel."

She pulls her hand from her chest, sighing quietly before pulling her knees up, using it to shield her embarrassment from being caught staring at him. "I thought you were sleeping. I didn't mean to stare."

"I was sleeping," He slowly sits up, pulling the hat up a bit so he could look at her. "But, I felt a pair of pretty eyes eyeing me down so I couldn't stay asleep."

She didn't mean to stare for too long, her curiosity must've blinded her from the fact that she did look weird. Extremely weird. "I'm sorry."

He tilts his head after sitting up to face her. Andrew is still covered in sweat, and his hair is poking from under his hat, even his hair looks a bit damp. "I compliment your eyes, and all you can say is sorry?"

"Thank you?" She says, but in the form of a question, not really sure if that's what he wanted to hear from her. Aurelia is already nervous seeing him suddenly after being so deep into her own world. Why is he here? How did he get in? Does he seriously live here?

"If you're here for a week," he says carefully, pulling his hoodie off his head, and yanking his hat off with it. "Does that mean Elijah told you about me, or us in general?"

Aurelia shakes her head.

"Fucking figures." Andrew pulls his hoodie off, causing her to get a quick glimpse of his toned body, making her heart thump against her chest. However, this time she tried not to stare too long or she would get caught like she did before.

"I can feel your eyes undressing me," Andrew jokes, but the comment made her shove her face in her knees, scolding herself. "Don't worry, I love attention. You should know this by now."

As she lifts her head again, he shoots a wink at her before his signature playful grin covers his lips. "This is... what? Our third time meeting. Except this time, we're alone, with no one around."