‣ seventeen

Art, like life, unveils its true beauty when you step back from the canvas of an incomplete piece. Just as in navigating life's challenges, taking a pause allows you to reassess the situation. Stepping away creates a blank canvas in your mind, offering a fresh perspective and clarity before returning to infuse it with newfound inspiration.

 ▰

 ▰

Aurelia walks up the steps to the art department on campus. Her heart and mind is racing uncontrollably. Now that she's finished the art piece for the show that's only a few days away, she needed time to herself to write what the piece meant to her and possibly title it as well. She couldn't do it at Elijah's place because she's now too embarrassed to face the two men. Not after what she heard last night.

Last night, the pizza Andrew ordered was delivered, and at this point it was pretty late, and they were both still waiting for Elijah to return. Aurelia nibbles at the cheese pizza crust, while watching the male again as he scrolls through his phone while sitting on the counter top. He was on his second slice of pizza when Aurelia finally broke the silence.

"Are you and Elijah close friends?"

The question was a silly one, maybe she just wanted a solid conformation rather than him dancing around the terms of their relationship. Andrew glanced over at her, chewing slowly before he swallowed the pizza down. He shoved his phone in his sweatpants pocket and raised an eyebrow at her. She could tell from his expression that the question seemed invasive.

Did he not want to share? His eyes made her believe she took it too far again.

"More than that." He finally answered, causing her to let out a small breath of relief. Not because they were more than friends, she did it because she was relieved that she didn't offend him by asking the question she was curious about.

"Why?" He asked, crossing his arms over his shoulder after sliding off of the countertop. "Did that good girl in you turn perverted after hearing my fucked of story?"

Aurelia coughed, choked slightly on her pizza. "No! I was just curious!"

He let out a quiet chuckle. "You're a very curious person."

That wasn't what caused her great embarrassment last night. No. That wasn't even scratching the surface. When Elijah got back, it was really awkward for her, but she could see at that moment what Andrew meant when he said they were more than friends. She watched them showcase affection, and not a full on kiss, she could just tell by looking at the men looking at each other that they were dating, which is more than close friends for sure.

"Did you apologize?" Elijah asked Andrew. The question caused Andrew to sigh through his nose, before sitting on the kitchen counter again. "Andrew?"

"He did!" Aurelia blurted out, so things wouldn't get awkward the moment he walked in.