‣ four

❝In the dance of creativity, anxiety becomes a partner, but art leads the way, turning each fearful step into a graceful expression.❞

▲

Aurelia takes a small step back, observing her small corner she set up downstairs for her easel. She had all her unfinished canvas leaning against the wall and a tiny shelf for all her brushes and paint. Even though it's small, it was perfect for her. She could wear her headphones and quietly paint without disturbing Jackie whenever she needed to study or do homework.

As she turns around to clean up the cardboard boxes, Jackie and Abby walk through the door, talking excitedly. Once the two see her gathering the cardboard, Jackie approaches her with a smile before tossing her bags, from shopping, onto the couch.

"Do you need help?"

Aurelia looks up and returns a small smile. "No, I got it. It's just one box. Thank you for asking."

"You? Offering help? That's a first." Abby comments as she plops down on the empty spot of the couch.

"Shut up! I help out all the time." Jackie walks around the couch, leaving Aurelia to gather her boxes, break them down, and store them in a spare closet for whenever she needs to move again.

"The party starts at ten, but Aiden wants us there by seven to decorate." Jackie says as she pulls different dresses from the bag, trying to pair it with the bright neon colored jacket she had.

Although she just wants to mind her business, it was hard to not listen in on them when they were the only people in the current area of the home. Aurelia cleaned her mugs and ceramic plates she made way back in a pottery class she took for a couple months. She remembers when her sudden burst of creativity and passion to do art happened, she begged her parents for months to take a pottery and ceramic class.

She loved the class, even though most of the people were there because of the teacher. Sure he was good looking, but good looking in the eyes of fourteen year old girls and guys who attended the class. Aurelia truly was there for knowledge, that grown man wasn't on her mind at all, besides his words and advice. He used to use her pieces as examples of textures and smoothness when he was teaching most lessons. However, those were the days when she was younger and still exploring.

"OH MY GOD! JACKIE! HE'S BACK!"

Abby screams, causing Aurelia to cringe at the loudness and subtly slide her headphones on, but not to play music just to drown some of her noisiness out.

"Who?" Jackie questions still looking at the different clothes combinations with this jacket in her hand.

"Who?!" Abby says loudly, even Aurelia's headphones couldn't drown her out. "Did you just ask me who?! Jackie, Andrew is back! Omg! Omg!"