Chapter Fifteen

Slowly I got up and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was an absolute mess, it hung limp and colourless and dejected (A/N love that word!) over my shoulders and down my back. My usually vibrant grey-green-blue eyes (now closer to green) were dull and also red but not as bright red as my nose.

This would not do, especially for the party today! I had to look my absolute best. And what would I wear??? I needed to get out of my miserable mindset. 

I remembered my friend Esmeralda. She was AMAZING at clothes and makeup. I mean I am too but not when I look like this! I pulled on a cloak quickly and pulled the hood over my face in case anyone saw me. I went over to Esme's house and knocked. Her mother answered and said that Esme was in her room. 

"Esme!" I knocked on her door. 

"Mhm?" She answered from inside. 

"Its me, Sapphire. I need urgent help!!!" 

She opened the door and gasped. "Oh my God! You look..."

 "I know!!" I cried out. "I need your help."

 Esme got that look on her face. "I know JUST what to do with you. I have the PERFECT dress. Dont worry - by the time I'm done with you, you'll look SO amazing that Prince Legolas won't be able to take his eyes off you." 

I blushed. "I dont—" 

"oh of COURSE you dont, I'm so sorry" Esme said grinning sneakily at me and not at all sorry. Esme knew everything, or at least she thought she did. 

"How long will this take?" I asked her, changing the topic before she said anything else, especially since her Mum was passing by us. Everybody knew Legols and I were close but I didnt want them getting any ideas, particularly Esme's mum who liked to talk a lot to other people. That would be embarrassing! I also didnt want to hear anything about Legolas, or see him again since he would be dancing with the girl he was talking about last night properly.. 

"Hmm" Esme said and studied me for a moment. "4 hours or so?" 

"FOUR HOURS!??!" I yelped. "Thats way too long for a dress and makeup! I'm not that kind of girl. I like running and swordfighting!" 

"But today is SPECIAL" Esme said and looked so sad that I gave in. "Okay, I'll be right back after I have breakfast and tell my parents."

 "Alright!" Said Esme. "Ill get my stuff ready. I promise you, youre going to look AMAZING!" 

I ran off back home, jumping with joy on the inside. Today was going to be fun - I was going to make sure of it! No stupid prince would ruin MY day.

A/N Hope you enjoyed!!! next is the ball... this is where my writing gets better... and the plot thickens... and another INTERESTING character is introduced... heheheh