Chapter 1

Klyde

It's just a simple day for me. Right after school I walk 1 kilometer towards my house, yes, my own house. I grew up alone, all by myself. I'm just 16 but I can say that I'm independent. How wouldn't I? My mom left me in an orphanage when I'm only six. I don't even know why she did that, I don't have any reason to think. Despite of that, I'm still looking forward on my life, my future, thinking how would it look like.

"Hey Klyde!" Claire greeted me. She's my best friend. A blonde, petite girl with dazzling blue eyes. She's quite stubborn but anyway I still love her.

"Hi Claire...Where have you been?" I asked her while I'm trying to figure out what's this thing on my wrist.

"I went to the cemetery, I visited mom's grave." Claire replied. Her life and my life are almost alike. But I guess she luckier than me. She had the chance to see both of her parents and to be with them for a little time.

I still keep on trying to figure out what's on my wrist, 'til Claire noticed me.

"What's that?" She asked me with giving me a weird look.

"Oh, its nothing. Don't mind it."

Night comes and we need to sleep for tomorrow. While I'm sleeping I dreamed about being on heaven. I see thick,white clouds and angels that walking around. They even smiled at me like they knew me very well. Later on, I see this big, golden gate with a very long glass stairway. I don't even know what's that place. As I entered the gate, I step on the stairway but suddenly it starts to be broken into pieces till the glasses shatter on the ground. I screamed as I fall right after it start to break.

"Hey Klyde, Klyde, wake up!" Claire woke me up. She seems worried about me. It's a nightmare. A terrible nightmare.

"What happened?"

I told her about my dream. She tells me I will be fine.I trust her with that, that's why I slept again.

I woke up with my wrist feeling like swelling. I started to get sick and annoyed and I almost scolded Claire when she tried to carry my stuff.

While we were in school, there's a man that I met. He's just like an average Joe in 30's. "Do you know where is the Principal's office?" He asked me while staring at me from head to toe like he's observing or what. "Yes sir, it's on the 2nd floor right after the stairs you turn left and when your on the 4th door you're already there." He kept on looking at me specifically on my swelling wrist. It took him about 30 seconds and after that he said thanks to me.

"That guy's stare is giving me creeps right now." I said to Claire while she almost die on laughing about my reaction while that man's looking at me.

We are walking on the corridor when suddenly the fire alarm rings and we heard several screams from the students that running and seems like seeking for help. Until there's Maggie, our classmate, ran towards us. "There's a strange thing out there, maybe we should go!" She says while trying to chase her breathing.
"What does it look like?" Claire asked.
" It's a monster with a big mouth, it looks like cannibal." Maggie described. Claire become furious and started to pick up her phone and dialed someone's number. I become confused about what's happening and I just give them a blank stare look. What the hell is happening around me? Everything's weird from terrible nightmare, swelling wrist and now a big mouthed monster? What's next? I gonna find out that my mom's a freak and my dad's a hunter? Oh, crap!

We hide in the girl's comfort room and stay there for an hour."I guess we're safe here." Claire said. Later on she's talking to someone. I heard about weird things like demons,angels,and the big mouthed monster which is called Leviathan. She told us that the guy she's talking on the phone was a hunter. Seriously? A hunter, that awesome! And those freaks that Maggie have been talking about for 2 hours are the Leviathans.

"We need to go somewhere." Claire said while packing up her stuff. She looks at me,"Pack your's too." I obeyed her.

We got into my car, yeah, I have my own car, you know, part of being independent. We drive about 5hrs until we got to our destination. We stop on a motel. I just gave Claire a blank stare again. I felt weird as usual but I also get excited at the same time.