Chapter 29

Klyde
After I had this date with Ben, I entered our house. It's doesn't have any lights on except for the lamp post in front outside. The ambiance is quite odd, it makes me feel weird.
The temperature become colder, to be honest I had goosebumps. I still managed to go upstairs instead of letting my fear to overcome. I almost slipped when the lights suddenly turned on and I saw my parents with Claire, Cass and my Uncle sitting on the couch, waiting.

"Wow, full force? What the hell are you doing there?" I sighed with relief.

"How's your date?" Claire catechized. "It's great. Actually we've talk about so many things. He also asked me about us." My dad's face become worried. Maybe he thought I also told Ben about our 'family business'. "Come on dad. Don't be like that. As if I'm going to tell him about our 'family business'." They all laughed as a sign of relief except for Cass. "I don't get it." He just tilted his head. As usual angels had this lack of emotions. I remembered when one time they're all almost freaking out because of me then I just noticed Cass standing on a corner like 'seriously Cass? They're all freaking out in here. What the hell is wrong with you?' Then I just found out about it.

I changed my clothes and prepare for our family dinner. Yeah, what I just ate with Ben is not yet my dinner. That's not enough.

"Tell me about this guy." My dad served me some mashed potatoes and steak on my plate. "He's on senior highschool right now. He's an only child, living with her mom from Wyoming. Heather just gave my number to him then he texted me. I almost forgot dad, when I told him your names he become bizzare and he said that you sounded familiar to him."
My dad and my mom looked at each other and seems like they're having sort of mentaltelepathy. "What's Ben surname?" My dad asked. He looks like bothered or what. "B-Braeden? I'm not sure." I replied. My parents looked weirder when they found out Ben's surname and apparently I don't know why. I looked at Cass and Uncle Sammy, they smiled at me like there's nothing to worry about it and maybe to make me relieved as well. "We gonna talk about something later, sweetie." My mom smiled at me.

I found out that Ben is Lisa's son, my dad's ex. It made me disorient at first but Cass told me that Lisa and Ben don't even remember my dad because he erased their memories with him. Though they will be familiar with him in some occasions. Dad told me that he became a vampire once and that just caused Lisa and Ben to be harmed. Also it's because dad's a hunter and it just put their lives in danger in the first place. So, after what happened he decided to stay away from them and asked Cass to remove him on their memories.
I got sad when I knew about that. I found those things unfair. Not because I don't want my parents to be together but my dad and Lisa used to have a perfect family.
"Don't worry sweetie, you can still date with Ben if you want to." My dad assured. Nothing's changed. I just found out that dad had Lisa and destiny doesn't get along with them but maybe it will when it comes to me and Ben. I decided not open those things up to Ben since I think its not necessary for him to know.