59

that morning.
tw: attempts of r@p3

heejin got up at 9 that morning, rushing to get ready for her class despite her pounding headache. part of her wanted to stay in bed and do nothing the whole day but the other part of her was really conscious of not missing a class.

yasuko was sound asleep on her bed, hyemin's was empty. heejin didn't pay much mind to the absence of her friend, thinking maybe she went to attend a class too.

before she left the dorm, she decided to check up on the younger girls of the group too. the door to their room made a small squeak as she pushed it open and put her head in to take a peek.

her heart warmed at the sight of seorin's head buried deep in jisung's chest, his own resting on top of her's as his arm was under her head, acting as a pillow. their legs were intertwined and if they moved any closer, they would've merged into one.

she then looked over and let out a small chuckle at meihui sprawled over her bed with her eyes and mouth open as she slept. she walked in to adjust the blanket on top of the girl and to adjust the curtains in their room so no light got in to disturb the sleeping trio.

jung heejin was now set to go to her class and start her day.

her headache subsided after a while but her eyes still burnt badly and her body still felt weak and burnt out. she still went to her first class although she was late. luckily she got excused and was told to just sit down.

she attended the remaining 30 minutes of the class, texting the groupchat afterwards.
for the sake of herself and her friends, she finally decided to skip the rest of her classes and use that day to relax and slow down, to let go of the world for a while.

her ex had other things planned for her.

kim yejin had just exited the restroom when she saw jung heejin walk absentmindedly in her direction while looking down at her phone.
right as the music student took a step in yejin's reach, she grabbed her arm and dragged her inside of the restroom again.

it happened so quickly, heejin's head began spinning and hurt harder than it had before. she opened her eyes to look at the culprit, and almost fell to her knees at the fear of who it was.

"heejin.." yejin had no specific tone in her voice, her expression remained unreadable but she raked her eyes over heejin's body.

"let go of me," heejin tried fighting against the death grip yejin had on her wrists but her efforts were in vain due to her dying strength.

"you have some nerve to break up with me, jung heejin" the girl spat, venom lacing her tone as she looked at the girl in spite
"and you have no self respect for not accepting it and moving on, kim yejin"

"SHUT UP!" yejin's hand landed a hard hit on heejin's cheek who's eyes were tearing up, cheek stinging from the impact of the slap.

"just accept the fact that you can't move on and you're pissed because the rest of us have. that I have moved on." heejin fought back, not wanting to give yejin the silence and cowardice she wanted from her

"you?! moved on? what a laugh, heejin. we all know nobody can treat you better than i treated you"

the older scoffed, "and we all know you're delusional for thinking you treated me decently-"

yejin gripped heejin's cheek with her spare hand, the other still holding both of the pinned girl's in place. yejin's nails pressed hard into heejin's skin, forming crescents and they almost drew blood.

yejin leaned into the girl's face, and with nowhere to go heejin only tried turning her face go the side but yejin had more power over her. she used her hand to steer heejin's head in whatever direction she wanted, adding more pressure when heejin protested. heejin could only close her eyes and pray for someone to save her now.

"you're not happy without me, heejin. come back to me and leave all your stupid friends. they're already hanging out with those idiotic boys, one's even dating seorin. they don't need you. you don't need them, you only need me."

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TO HER?!"

heejin felt yejin's body getting yanked off of her. she finally opened her eyes that were tightly shut to see another girl holding yejin by the collar. her lip was already busted, signaling her savior had hit her ex hard.

"oh my god, you're such a bitch, man. get the fuck out of here, if i see you near her again, i will blow your fucking brains out, kid. I'll report you to the college and make sure you get the fuck out, you know i can make that happen, don't you?" the girl who held yejin's collar threatened. her other hand was forming a fist just incase she needed to blow a punch again

she let go of yejin with a scoff and with a roll of her eyes, the dumbass bitch was out of the restroom while the angel in human form hurriedly went to check on heejin

"oh my god, are you alright sweetheart? yejin is such a fucking bitch, I've already beaten her up for doing messed up shit to other girls too. thank god it never got out of hand, though. I'm getting sidetracked, are you okay?" the girl with foreign features rambled and asked, concerned

but heejin only frowned, "she did this to others too?"

the girl only nodded and sighed, "I'll report her soon, don't worry. a relative of mine works in the more complicated jobs of managing the whole uni and stuff, never understood his job perfectly but yeah i kind of have the power to get her ass kicked out of here. you should file a restraining order against her, you know?"

the girl only nodded and thanked her for helping her out, asking her for her name.

"oh, I'm so sorry I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Savannah, and I'm in my third year of fashion, its nice to meet you..?"
"my name is heejin, 2nd year in music" heejin smiled and reached out to shake savannah's hand

"well, heejin from music, do you have a class to attend or anything? or anywhere to be? i can take you anywhere if you'd like"

the younger politely declined, "I'll call my cousin to come pick me up and drop me off at my friend's dorm. thank you so much, though"

heejin knew sungchan would bombard her with questions when he'd see her state, but she had learnt to talk about her troubles with him, looking at him as her own brother, as he looked up at her as his own sister.

"i swear to god, I'll kill her one day." sungchan spoke through gritted teeth but his hand was soft against her back as he patted it as an attempt to calm her down while they walked together to the boys' dorm.

somehow heejin had held it together while explaining everything to him and before they knew it they were standing outside of heejin's friends' dorm.

"noona, what she said wasn't true. seorin really talks a lot about you and how lucky she feels to have you in class. I'm sure the rest feel the same. and i know you feel the same too. you don't need someone who ruined your life in the span of a few months." the taller said, "also, it's really obvious by your face these days that you're really genuinely happy with these people, don't let her take that away from you"

heejin was still processing what he said when he gasped upon looking at the time on his phone, "i have class in like 10 minutes, I'll go now- bye!"

and just like that he dashed off and heejin took a deep breath in at everything that was going on.

her hand was shaking as she raised it to knock on the door, eyes brimming with tears again at the reminder of what happened to her a few moments ago.

the door opened like light at the end of a tunnel to her, and an angel welcomed her inside, warmth radiating off him.

she looked around the space, instantly feeling at home.

'i do need these people. and i love these people.' she reminded herself as she looked around at the concerned faces of her friends.

'these are my people'

🪐
this chapter was so physically hard ro write i swear i hate writing sa stuff