96

christmas day itself was uneventful. but the day after christmas at the park's was rowdy.

everyone was pacing around and trying to get things done for the family dinner- everyone was coming- atleast from her father's side.

jisung thought the food seorin's parents cooked a few months ago for him and his friends was a feast, but now looking at the whole dining table full of dishes and plenty more food yet to be served, he was amazed.

the siblings and jisung worked on cleaning the house and adding more decorations. they put away precious things they knew would fall victims to their cousins.

"seonghwa is coming home today too, right?" hyunjin asked his older sister who nodded
"i think mom said he'll be here before everyone else. I'm not sure about exactly when, though"

"grandma's coming too, right?"
"yeah, why?"
"she gives the coolest gifts" the youngest shrugged and jumped down on the living room couch to rest
"let me know when they get here, I'm going to nap"

she only rolled her eyes at him but didn't say anything seeing as they had already done their jobs.

"where do you want me to put this?" jisung asked, holding up the piece of cloth he used to wipe unclean surfaces
"give it to me, I'll take care of it. you should also get some rest before everyone gets here. it gets very loud and chaotic."

seorin put away all their cleaning supplies and went to the kitchen to check if her parents wanted any help. jisung was about to go to her room to lounge around before the door to the house opened and the eldest park sibling walked in.

"oh- hi hyung," he smiled and bowed at the boy, "merry christmas"
"hi jisung, merry christmas to you, too! where's everyone else?" seonghwa said, dragging his suitcase inside the house and shaking the younger's hand

"they're in the kitchen except hyunjin, he's sleeping," he pointed towards the couch where the teenager was passed out, "I'm gonna go take a shower too, now. see you later hyung!"

jisung left and seonghwa went to the kitchen to see his mom and sister gossiping about something in the neighborhood as their dad chimed in to tell them to taste something.

"good evening, family," he directed the attention towards himself, "the favorite is back"

younghee excitedly stood up and went to embrace her son who had to bend down due to his height.

"ugh it's you," seorin said, acting as if she was about to throw up but there was a small smile on her face
"come taste this," hyunjae quickly ushered seonghwa towards himself with a spoon full of stew in his hands

seorin's heart warmed at the sight of her family uniting again. but one person was missing- somehow she felt like he was always left out and left behind. she excused herself from the kitchen and went to the living room to see her brother curled up on the couch.

she sighed and rolled her eyes at his stupidity to sleep in the cold without a blanket and threw one on top of him- he wasn't fazed by it though.

her heart was at ease, knowing her family was together again. even if she was going back in a day- she was glad her homesickness was getting cured.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

"i almost dropped her," the man said, holding out his baby for someone else to hold.

his wife sighed and stood up to take the baby out of his grasp, "again? jaehwan it's the 3rd time, i think."
"I'm sorry," he sheepishly rubbed his neck and turned to jisung, who he had instantly clicked with. their subject of discussion being clumsiness.

"babies are hard to hold sometimes. if your hands get sweaty easily, i recommend not holding your newborn until it's a few months old." jaehwan, seorin's uncle, advised and jisung nodded, admiring his wisdom.

seorin's family was all here- the whole house was full of chatter and laughter. it felt like a weighted blanket was put over the house to encase the warmth of the moments inside. jisung didn't feel nervous meeting the new people at all somehow. they all welcomed him like he was their family- it was new and different from his own christmas experiences.

back when he was still with his father, they didn't celebrate Christmas at all. and when jisung moved out with his sister and guardian, they didn't do much. he went to chenle's house on Christmas once and that was the closest holiday experience he had to what he was having now. at chenle's, he was by his friend's side at all times- but now jisung didn't even know where seorin was!
that's how at home he felt with her family.

"jisung!" the girl popped up behind him out of nowhere and grabbed his arm, "you gotta meet my grandma."

she dragged him to the place where her grandma sat. she was talking to hyunjin, who was whining about something. he lit up when he saw his sister and stood up.

"grandma, look! seorin's boyfriend! I'm gonna go now. bye!" with that the teenager ran away.

"what was that about?" seorin chuckled at ger distressed brother and sat down next to her grandmother who just waved it off, "i was just teasing him about something."

the woman looked ahead to see a tall boy infront of her with a polite smile on his face as he bowed and introduced himself
"hello, it's very nice to meet you. I'm seorin's boyfriend, jisung"

she nodded and looked over to seorin, "you got a boyfriend? you didn't tell me"

"i thought dad might've told you-"
"sit down, son. seorin, get us some tea or something."
"grandm-"
"so, how did you meet my sugar?"

seorin sighed, feeling defeated as her grandmother started bombarding her boyfriend with questions and kept doting on him.

she did as she was told and joined her brothers in a corner, away from everyone.

"she loves him already," seonghwa laughed when he saw jisung getting his cheeks squished by the old lady and seorin nodded her head in agreement
"i saw it coming, honestly. he's too like-able. especially old people like-able."

"he's polite and well spoken, too. i bet she's gonna pester dad about getting you two married as soon as possible." hyunjin joined in on the conversation.

"what was grandma teasing you about, huh? you got all worked up and shit," the girl nudged the youngest who groaned
"shut up"
"no there's something going on, i noticed too," the eldest sibling joined in, "you were on your phone all smiley. who's the girl?"
"you guys are so annoying."
"oh my god so there is a girl!"
"shut up!"

🪐
i can litr never get enough of broken melodies.
I don't hate singing broken melodies like 🥴

also omg did you see that jaemin bubble............ UHM.