99

rooftop fighters

hyemin
is anyone up??
12:49 am

jaemin
hiiiii
why are you not
asleep 🤨

hyemin
i can't sleep :/
the girls are
all knocked out too

jaemin
same here
everyone's asleep
except mark
i think he's studying tho

hyemin
man finals
are soon
what type of uni
has finals after winter break
😭😭😭

jaemin
thats neo uni for you
but hey
atleast we'll be starting
a new semester

hyemin
yeah
we're almost done with
3 semesters already..
damn

jaemin
hey
ykw
meet me in the lobby
in a few

hyemin
umwhat

jaemin
see you hye

hyemin
.... okay-

re-adjusting the blanket on top of yasuko, hyemin heaved a sigh and went out of their shared room. she grabbed her coat and shoes as she thought of all the possible reasons why jaemin wanted to meet her in the lobby.

she was nervous, legs jittery and stomach churning in discomfort. she became hyper-aware of the stunt she pulled during christmas break. in her mind, nobody had forgiven her- they were just being nice but they loathed her under their act.

she couldn't even look the girls in the eye when they got back, greeting them with simple questions and formalities then isolating herself under the warmth of her blankets.

in all honesty, she didn't know why she texted the groupchat so late at night. her initial thoughts were to talk things out and apologize but she cowered out, opting to delete the message.

that was until jaemin replies almost immediately, carrying a small conversation and eventually asking to see her.

that was how yoon hyemin found herself approaching the broad shouldered gentleman in the lobby at midnight. he smiled when he saw her get off the elevator and waved at her enthusiastically.

"it's so cold," she shuddered, "whatever business you called me here for better be important, jaemin."

jaemin just flashed her his sheepish smile and shrugged, "i just wanted to see you. wanna go get something to eat?"

she scoffed in disbelief. he called her out in the cold and dark because he wanted to eat with her?! wait- didn't he say he wanted to see her? what was that about?

sighing as soon as she scoffed, "no, i ate earlier. we can go get you something to eat if you're hungry?"
he shook his head and kept smiling at her.

she was pretty, really pretty. even though her eyes reflected fatigue and tiredness, even though her hair was a slight mess, even though she was in her pyjamas and just a thin jacket to keep her warm. hyemin looked pretty as ever.

he remembered the first time he saw her on campus. she rocked short hair back then, wore bolder makeup and darker clothes. what caught his eye was her confident stride and the hint of excitement and wonder in her eyes.

over the last two years, her hair had grown and she had changed her style. but the confidence and passion never left her, neither did jaemin's admiration for her waver.

the first time she talked to him, her voice melted away his ears and swept him off his feet more than he was before. it was just her disheveled self sitting next to him in a class one day after being late and asking for a pencil.

she didn't give it back.
and he never asked for it.

"I'm not hungry," he said, "but i wanna get a soda, though. let's go."

they walked to the store in silence. the whole world around them was shushed, not a lot of students were on campus ofcourse. it was past midnight and unbearably cold. the only sound invading their ears was theur footsteps or the occasional cicada.

"you're getting an energy drink this late? are you okay?" hyemin asked him, concerned at his drink of choice while he shrugged
"I'll be fine. i can sleep through black, death coffee."

they went to sit at the back, across from eachother. they didn't say much, one too lost in her thoughts, the other too lost in her eyes.

"hey," she mustered the courage to finally talk, "I'm uh.. I'm sorry about the whole.. minho thing," she sighed heavily.

"its fine," he shrugged, "i under-"
"no! i," she stumbled over her words, "you guys keep saying it's fine but.. I don't know it seems forced. I'm genuinely so sorry. especially to you.."

especially to me.. does she know?

"we're both best friends and we're 2min, nobody else. i just.. gave that honor to someone else," she humorlessly chuckled

he thought for a while and hummed, "yeah, i was pretty hurt not gonna lie"

"see?! I'm so-"
"but not majorly because of the 2min thing. it did hurt, but not as much as not being seen by you."

she was perplexed, he seemed to be speaking in riddles but she let him continue, hoping to solve the riddle.

"I've seen you for so long, and just as I thought you were beginning to see me too, you saw another guy.." he said, looking directly into her eyes

she slowly began to realise the meanings behind his words, jaw dropping lightly in shock as her trachea forced out the last bit of air left in it.

"i hope you can see me now, though." he smiled and reached out to ruffle her hair.

"i really do like you, hye. i thought it was obvious but you're just a little dumb," he chuckled and stood up in his seat, hand still on her head

"you don't have to like me back just yet, though. but i hope it's soon you see me."

he took off his jacket, putting it over her shoulders.
"you'll freeze to death," he said.

with that, the boy left the girl sat there in confusion and erratic heart beats.

🪐
ABOUT DAMN TIME I BEGAN WRITING ABOUT 2MIN

i have such a cool idea for them to confess 😍
im gonna go make tea now. slay.