104

when classes resumed, hyemin did whatever she could to stay away from him. she knew the routes he would take to the classes they shared as they often walked there together. she chose the longer paths so all interactions with him would be limited.

during classes, she made sure to arrive at a time when the class was more than half full so she wasn't late and also the seats next to him were also occupied. sometimes she even walked alongside her professors.

after classes, she was the first out of the door and the first to reach the women's restrooms where she knew jaemin would never find her. after staying there for 20 minutes and making sure her coast was clear, she would run to a private study room and pass time until her next class. then when all her classes were done, she'd rush to her dorm and to her bedroom.

this went on for a week and a half. ofcourse jaemin had noticed. it was obvious she was trying her hardest to stay away from him. and it hurt. it hurt a lot.

he began hypothesizing that she hated his guts and wanted nothing to do with him. the guilt from confessing to her that day had began eating him alive.

he felt stupid for not waiting for the right time. why didn't he just keep it to himself until he knew for sure she had also come to terms with her feelings for him?

he knew he had overconfident tendencies sometimes that always made him regret his decisions, but this was extreme. an unending black hole had already began to form in his stomach and he was being sucked in whole.

his focus broke in classes. his appetite left him. he went back to the unhealthy sleeping and eating habits that he had acquired in high school. all because he messed up big time with the girl he loved ever since he saw her.

in the back of his mind there was a call that always called him foolish for getting this hung up over a girl- that he should move on and accept that she would never like him. that he had ruined their friendship by letting his feelings in the way.

stupid na jaemin.
always messing up and being too afraid to fix things.

♬♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♬

neo university had never introduced clubs- that was until this academic year. students had already signed up for whatever interested them during the first semester of the year. the second one had now started, meaning the beginning of club activities as well.

hyemin wasn't interested a lot in clubs- she could sign up for the neo media society but that would just be like her studies. what was the point of that?

she knew meihui was keen on the dramatics club, back in highschool she was known for the overdramatic performances she gave. whereas seorin was a big literature enthusiast, writing plays with other highschool peers for the dramatic club members to perform.

heejin always took on the student council along with two other clubs- music and environment protection. now that music was her major and she had grown tired of being a part of the student body, she chose environmental services at university.

yasuko chose different clubs every year when they were in highschool. hyemin had never seen yasuko work a camera- even her own phone's camera quality was grainy but she never paid mind to it. it came as a shock to everyone when they found out yasuko signed up for the media society.

hyemin always found herself in the spacious classroom that was the club room for the media club at highschool. she was always their photographer- but now she was studying photography at university. she didn't want to spend her extra curricular activities doing something she did everyday.

so she just didn't sign up for any clubs at all.

"I'm so excited!" seorin squealed beside hyemin as they both walked to the cafeteria

hyemin, who had memorised jaemin's schedule, knew she was safe to walk around the campus because he had a three hour long class. she texted the girls to see if they were free and willing to hang out and to her luck the youngest was available, hungry and also nearby.

"they're gonna interview us and allot positions for the club today- wait what did you sign up for again?"
"i didn't sign up for anything," hyemin shrugged, a frown pulled on her lips

"why not? i thought you'd go for media again since ya-kno," the younger made a camera motion with her hands
"i don't know.. it doesn't interest me a lot anymore since it's what I'm studying"

seorin hummed in understanding.
"I'm sure you'll find something. I've heard a few clubs are still taking registrations and stuff"
"I'll see. but I don't think I'll do anything. do you know what the others are doing?"
"I think savannah and subin wanted to join the environmental protection society and seohyun is in a sports club. I'm not sure what, though"
"ew, sports," hyemin shuddered at the thought of physical activity, making the younger laugh

they reached the cafeteria and sat down without ordering anything. seorin pulled out a sandwich wrapped in plastic wrap and offered half to hyemin who refused, knowing it was made by jisung and would be overloaded with ketchup.
"what about the guys? do you know what they're doing?"

seorin shrugged, "i only know jisung is going for the football club- and chenle is probably going for the basketball club. oh also! renjun was ranting about how cute he thought it was that soobin joined the visual arts club for him, so he joined the neo notes society"

hyemin snorted at the special name they chose for their music club.
"the rest of the clubs have the simplest names and here comes the music club with neo notes"
"i know, right?! so unfair."

seorin started a rant about how they should've given other clubs good names too but hyemin zoned out, mindlessly nodding to what the younger was saying.

i wonder what club jaemin joined

she facepalmed quite harshly at the thought of one person she had kept her mind off all day.

"are you okay?" seorin gave her a judgemental look of concern, influenced by her boyfriend as a result of spending too much time together

"I'm.. fine." hyemin huffed but the scowl on her face gave away what she was thinking, making seorin chuckle.

"you know, he most probably joined the media society. I'd say if you really wanna keep your mind off him then you should join the club with the least amount of members. there would be a high possiblity he's not there"

the suggestion caused hyemin to light up with hope. it was a good idea- joining a club nobody wanted to be in. great way to avoid someone.

"park seorin," hyemin stood up and attacked seorin in a bone-crashing hug, "you are the most genius person ever."

🪐
i wrote this in one sitting 💪
excuse any spelling mistakes 🙏