Chapter 34

-
Michael's Pov :

I couldn't believe Nikki was there , she had the balls to come and show up to my band and I's arrival back at Sydney. It was great to see her and all but now I'm all messed up again! I walked into my house immediately slamming the door shut .

"Michael is that you?" My mom yelled from the living room I was happy to see her but so pissed off that I saw Nikki .

"Mom , I saw Nikki . She was at the airport with fans ..." I threw my bags on the floor flopping onto the couch .

"I know she was..." My mom came and sat down beside me hugging me .

"You knew she was going?" I looked at her suspiciously , why would my mom talk to Nikki . She knows what happened , she even said bad things about her once .

"She came to talk to me a couple times , telling me how proud she was of you . Saying that your songs are great and you look great. She wanted to see you , she would have came over she told me , but she knew that you would storm out of here quickly . All Nikki wanted was to see you and say hi maybe even talk. If you let her , she can come over and tell you all this in person here ."

"I'm not ready." I spat and left to my room to think about some things.

**********
"Michael Gordon Clifford where are you ?" My dad shouted just down the hall. I got off my bed and walked out of my room ," right here dad." He came over to me and gave me a hug. It was good to see my dad .

"Someone is here to see you." He had an awkward smile and I immediately knew it was Nikki.

"Dad I don't want to talk to her , I don't even want to see her." I put my head in my hands , it was getting hard for me to breathe now . The familiar feeling of being upset with her and sad toward her was back .

"Get some damn closure , talk it out or something . Many words were left unsaid . "

"Fine ." I rolled my eyes and shuffled my way to the front of the house where I knew she would be sitting .

"...Michael." Nikki quickly got to her feet and smiled . "Thank you for deciding to talk to me."

"It's no problem really." I looked up and there she was the girl that I had fell in love with while my band was becoming what it is now . I was scared to look at her , scared that if I looked too long I'd want nothing more than to hold her and kiss her and tell her I love her. But I couldn't because what she did to me was mean , and it isn't something you do to someone you love . We sat in silence and I played with my hands .

"Always a bad habit of yours Mikey," Nikki smiled , her smile never gets old to me . I feel like how we were just last year before I set off on tour . "I wanted to tell you why , why I never believed in you."

"I didn't want you to go , I always imagined it'd be us forever . You wouldn't ever leave this city and we would continue being us . I wanted a life together with you Michael and you leaving wasn't apart of what I thought the future held for us. Being a band and on tour and interviews and award shows , more girls way more beautiful than I am . Long distance is so hard to accomplish . I figured if I told you I didn't believe in you , you wouldn't leave . You would stay here with me like I wanted you to. Truth is I did believe in you , you guys were doing so great at practices and small gigs. Your band isn't crap like I said .. In fact every bad thing I said was the exact opposite of what I meant .. I just wanted you to stay ." She laid back onto the couch staring at the ceiling , once we put two glowing stars that stick to the ceiling . There they were , the stars we had left .

"I forgive you ." Was all I said before Nikki jumped into me and hugged me. I can hear her cries , her hot breath on my shoulder .

"I have missed you so much Michael , I wish I had never told you that I didn't believe in you . I wish that we had given us a try through the distance that would soon be between us as you guys went on tour ." She hugged my tighter .