Chapter 35

My phone broke while it was getting fixed :-) joyous right? I am sad and phoneless. Enjoy this pls . Epilogue is already up after this too so tysm for reading

Diana's Pov :
I was getting anxiety , it was getting difficult to breathe. I was too nervous about meeting his family . It's just so overwhelming that they can decide if he adopts me or not . Or maybe they don't , maybe he will adopt me because he likes me ( not like that this is FATHER DAUGHTER RELATIONSHIP STUFF OK ) .

"Adam I can't do this , I'm going to throw up." I rolled the window down the air immediately relieving me of my breathing problems . But now I feel sick to my stomach from how nervous I am.

"Don't worry they will love you , and it might not help by saying that but they will. If I do they will as well , we're all practically alike." Adam smiled at me just as we pulled up to a large house that looked just a bit smaller than Adam's .

I took a few deep breaths then worked up the courage to unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of the car . Adam looked down at me and grabbed my hand , like a father , we both walked up to the house . We let go of each other and I fixed my dress. The door opened and I swear it was like I died inside .

"Adam , welcome home! " A woman around 5'5 was standing in the doorway .

"Mom , this is Diana .. My daughter ." Adam called me his daughter , that was exciting . I wasn't adopted yet and he was calling me his daughter . My smile grew wider as I reached down to shake her had but she pulled me into a hug.
"Call me Grandma Jane , I've heard so much about you . " she whispered in my ear , then we finally let go. I already felt great , but this is only one person out of twenty. I walked inside and the house was warm , smelt of food . I couldn't wait to eat because the scent was great.

As soon as the table was set and the plates were served , we all sat down. Adam and I had been siting down together going through a photo album of when he was younger. While sitting down I looked around , the family around me with blonde hair and colored eyes . I immediately was out of place with my brunette hair and slightly brown eyes ( have I ever said her eye color????? Idk whatever they're like Ashton's but darker ) . This was only ten of the twenty people here eating dinner with us , Grandma Jane says the others are coming later since they had work. I ate silently until someone spoke up , "So , Diana .. How old are you? I'm Macy by the way."

"I just turned 17 about two months ago ," I smiled putting my fork down.

"That's good , I hear you are taking independent studies for your last year of high school yes?" She continued the conversation but I just felt all eyes on me I couldn't help but get some anxiety and feel very nervous .

"Yes , but I hope to attend a school prom at least ." I picked up my cup of water and took a sip hoping the coolness of it will help calm me down.

"Why don't we go around the table and introduce ourselves to Diana yes?" Grandma Jane said looking around the table getting various agreements .

"Alright start from my left ." She said and then a boy spoke up .

"Hey , I'm Hayes . 15 , yeah."

"I'm Lara , 23 . Hayes is my little brother ." Lara said scuffing Hayes' hair.

" Jake , only child  . My parents are coming soon. They're Ben and Anne." He looked like an annoyed 16 year old , I'm guessing his age since he didn't say.

"Danny , I'm five." A little boy sitting next to Jake smiled while waving his fork in his hand.

"Katie , 28 I'm Adam's sister . The rest of our brothers and sisters will be here soon." She smiled a big toothy smile and nudged the person next to her to speak.