Chapter 20

I guess this is a bit fluffy? You get to experience Diana & Adam's past! (:

Enjoyyyy < 3

Diana's POV:

Adam had come home two days ago , and quite frankly I was excited .

Two weeks with nothing but foolish teenage boys is hard and exhausting .

He's already back , and we've already got plans . First , I told him to wait at least a few days until his jet lag wore off.

Today at breakfast he promised me that he felt energized and over the jet lag so that meant we were going to spend time together now . He told me to dress nicely , but casually for tonight. So I'm wearing a cute white floral lace dress with a thin black cardigan over it .

******

"Diana , are you ready ?" Adam yelled , his voice distant . He was probably downstairs , making sure he had everything .

"Yeah , I'll be down in a minute !" I yelled back as I grabbed my purse , and my phone off my bed. Walking down the stairs I scrolled through my phone's texts.

Ashton Irwin ;

Diana , you're so boring ! Reply back you little poo head , I want to talk :(

Reply ;

I'm going out to dinner with Adam right now , I can't be rude and text . I'll text or call you once I'm home I promise . Turn that frown upside down (: Lurve ya bye!

Ashton Irwin ;

Aw , Okay . Bye Diana , lurve ya too ;)

Ashton and I made that a thing , instead of saying i love you in a text or at all we say lurve. We established that it means we aren't just yet ready to say love yet.

Things changed since I started my devilish plan on Ashton . He's so nice and down to Earth. He was there for me the other day when I needed someone , someone I don't have. Well enough about him , I need to get to my dinner with Adam.

******

"So Diana , you're going to be a senior how do you feel about your last year?" Adam smiled looking up at me.

I twirled my spaghetti , opening my mouth to speak .

" I'm excited , no more immature drama from people that want attention . I just want a good year , to graduate and become my own person . Although I do want to get adopted within the next 11 or so months I have until I'm eighteen .... " I trailed off , clearly getting off topic .

"And why's that ?" Adam questioned .

" I want to have a family , I want to be able to visit relatives multiple times . I want to feel loved , and for once like I always had a family . I just want people to care for me and not get rid of me when they're annoyed . " I began, ".. I spent seventeen years not truly knowing what love from a family was , and I want to feel that . I want people to give me a hug when they see me once again and ask how I am . I want to sit down at a table full of people who love me , and be in a room with people who actually care for me . I want to experience the true meaning of family , I spent enough time missing out on it , and now I hope ; it being my last year , I hope I get that family I need. I hope I get that family that will love me for me and care for me whenever and forever ." I let a few tears escape my eyes , quickly wiping them.

"You'll get that soon , I promise you. If you don't you can come back and bash my windows in , and destroy my home. There will be that family for you , you just haven't met them yet. They will care for you , and love you so much they'd put their lives at risk to save yours. That family is waiting for you , Diana , and it will get to you safely and peacefully . They will love you no matter what , even if they hadn't known you all your life . This family will accept you for you , and care for you through every step of the way." He reached over the table grabbing my hand in reassurance , "..I promise Diana , I promise ."