ClintxReader➳Got a Plan

Words: 494

A/N: Clint doesn't have a family in this and Nat is your sister.

—————

You sat up a little straighter as the rest of the Avengers walked into the restaurant.

'You look lovely.' Steve said smiling as he took the second empty chair next to you.

Clint sat on your other side and slyly held your hand under the table. Today was the day you would tell your family, the Avengers, that you were dating Clint Barton.

'What is it you wanted to tell us?' Tony said slightly impatient.

You rubbed your neck nervously until Natasha broke in. Lucky for you, she knew about your relationship being your older sister and all.

'Can we have dinner then worry about the news?'

Tony glared at her for a moment before Pepper grabbed his hand and calmed him down.

'Lady Jane, what would you like?' Thor asked.

You couldn't help but smile at the couples around you but felt guilty that the single side of the table, Steve yourself and Clint, weren't all single. Nat played with Bruce's hands until your food came. As you ate you held Clint's hand as comfort for the big news.

'Barton, why are you eating with your left hand?' Tony asked with narrowed eyes.

Clint looked at him then to his hand.

'It's easier.'

Tony looked confused for a moment before "dropping his fork". Clint wasn't fast enough in letting go of your hand and when Tony got up from below the table, you earned a cheeky grin.

'I've got to grab my wallet from my car.' You mumbled before walking away.

You felt your nerves going insane. When you told Nat, you didn't want to tell Nat, she walked in on you and Clint kissing in the archers closet. She took it fairly well but the rest of the Avengers might not take it as smoothly. You took in the New York air before something was draped around your shoulders.

'Wha-' You said before Clint came from behind you and smiled.

'We can wait to tell them.' He whispered.

You smiled slightly because his smile made everything better.

'We need to tell them but I'm so nervous.'

Clint pulled you into a hug before a voice sounded from behind you both.

'Nerves got you down?'

'Since you already know, Tony, why don't you help us out?' You said with a glare.

Tony smirked before pulling Clint aside. He let out a laugh that you loved so much before Tony strode back inside and Clint grabbed your hand.

'We're telling them now.' He said.

You stopped and caused him to stop too.

'Trust me, we've got a plan.'

You took a deep breathe and followed Clint until you heard Tony making an announcement.

'Now, the news of the night-'

Before you could react Clint pulled you into view and planted a kiss smack on your lips. Natasha clapped along with Tony as the rest stayed in shock. You broke free and saw the shocked faces of your friends.

'I knew-' You began before Thor stood up.

'I'm so happy for you both!' He said pulling you and Clint into a bone breaking hug.

Once congratulations were sent around Steve broke the subtle awkwardness lingering in the air.

'I've really gotta get a date.'