BuckyxReader➳Was That So Hard?

Words: 724

Warnings: none

Requested by: ChristielJackson (SHE'S AMAZING AND YOU SHOULD ALL READ 'Stealing Winter' BECAUSE ITS PERFECT!!!)

----------------------

You'd been dating the Winter Soldier for a year when you finally decided it was time to try on his mask. He left for a 'boys night out' with Steve and the guys when you crept into your joint room and pulled out his mission bag.

'Mask, mask, mask.' You murmured to yourself as you dug through the contents of his bag.

Finally, you felt the hard protection for his face and pulled it out. Happily you strapped it on and admired yourself in the mirror.

'This thing is harder to breath in than I thought.' You said as you took in breathes.

You snapped a selfie in the mask to send to Natasha and Maria who assumed you wouldn't have the guts to wear Bucky's gear.

'Alright, that's enough dress up for today.' You said before trying to slip it off your face.

You tugged but it didn't budge. Instantly growing worried, you began panicking and trying to rip it off your face.

'Bucky's gonna be so mad.' You stressed at you ran to the mirror for a better look at the clasp that held it to your face.

'A jam! Seriously, I bet this never happens to Bucky.' You huffed angrily at your bad luck.

You finally gave up and sat on the couch, still wearing the mask. Turning the TV on you sat back and watched the newest episode of Suits.

'Well, this is an interesting sight.' Someone said making you jump.

You looked over and saw Bucky standing with his arms crossed. How did you not hear him come in?

'Hey Buck-' You said awkwardly waving.

He walked over and sat next to you on the couch.

'You wanna tell me what that's doing on your face?' He asked with raised brows.

'Well, I'd rather not.' You said before he gave you a look as if to say 'spit it out'.

'Fine, I really wanted to try it on because, you know, you look so cool in it and then I did and then the clasp jammed and now I'm stuck.' You rushed out.

You waited for Bucky to be mad but he merely laughed his head off.

'Is this a joke to you?' You asked.

'No Doll, it's just that you look so cute with it on and you could have just asked me if you wanted to try it on.' He said grinning.

'Well, could you help me out?' You said gesturing to it still being on your face.

'Maybe I won't-' He said getting off of the couch with a grin.

You stood up and narrowed your eyes at him making them form thin lines.

'James, you better not be playing with me.' You hissed.

'What was that? I couldn't understand you because you've got something on your face.' He said walking backward slightly.

'I swear to God, and I mean a God like Thor, that I will seriously hurt you if you don't get this off of me.' You growled walking towards him.

'Got to go!' He yelled before running away.

'James Buchanan Barnes-' You shouted as you sprinted after him.

After an hour of chasing him around he gave up when you grabbed the can of shaving cream.

'Okay, I surrender.' He said as you pointed it at him.

'You should have waved the white flag a while ago, Barnes.' You said before spraying the contests of the can at him.

'It's in my mouth!' He yelled.

'Maybe if you had your mask on that wouldn't happen! Oh wait, it's stuck on my face!' You said crossing your arms.

He washed the cream off of himself before walking over to you and taking the mask off.

'Was that so hard?' You asked placing your hands on your hips.

'No but at least I can do this now-' He said pecking your lips before you swatted him away.

'You lost your privileges when you didn't help me, Barnes.' You said jokingly before marching away.

He whined before running after you.

'Two can play the cat in this game of cat and mouse!' He shouted as he chased you around the house.

Let's just say you spent the rest of the day running away from Bucky's puckered lips until you caved and gave him what he wanted.

'Now, was that so hard?' He mocked with a smirk.