StevexReader➳Take It From Here

Words: 898

Warnings: None

Requested by: PaytonRaae (I hope you like it and it's not to much like the preference xx)

A/N: I KNOW THERE'S NOT A BABY IN THIS BUT PAYTON LOVES THE GIF AND TBH.. WHO WOULDN'T?

----------------------

You tried to zip your dress but your arm just couldn't reach.

'Steve-' You called to your boyfriend of two years.

He walked into the room and took in your fancy attire.

'What're you all dolled up for?' He asked furrowing his brow.

You spun around and smiled before taking in his sweatpants and tight grey shirt.

'It's (Y/F/N) birthday party tonight and I thought we could go.' You said frowning.

He ran a hand through his hair and zipped your dress before sitting on your joint bed.

'(Y/N), I'm not really feeling up to go out today.' He replied.

'But Steve, it's been weeks since we last went out and it's (Y/F/N)'s birthday, you've met her!' You huffed.

'I don't mind your friend; it's the whole going out part. I don't complain about not going out so I don't see why you are.' He replied glaring at you slightly.

'So I got all dressed up for nothing? So you could ruin my night with your stupid antisocial attitude.' You snapped.

He stood up and made you back up slightly.

'(Y/N), I didn't ask you to get all dolled up and I don't have an antisocial attitude just because I don't want to do what you want to do! You ruined your won night by acting so pushy' He said in a louder voice than you'd heard him used towards you before.

You felt tears welling in your eyes but knew you needed to look strong.

'Fine, I'll go by myself but don't wait up because I doubt I'll be home tonight.' You said before strapping on your heals and tapping away towards the front door.

'(Y/N)-' He called out instantly feeling bad for what he said.

It was too late however; you'd already left the house with the slam of the front door. He slammed his fist on the door frame angrily when he knew he'd really messed up. He knew your friend was close with Tony he shakily dialed the billionaires number.

'I'm trying to get my party on, Cap.' Tony said from the other line.

From the loud music and obnoxious chatter, Steve knew you'd try and be hit on multiple times without him near you. He explained the situation to Tony as he pulled on his best suit and looked in the mirror.

'Well, you've got the suit on now so all you've got to do is come here and win her over again.' Tony said before hanging up his phone.

Steve sighed and ran to the car thinking a motorcycle wouldn't be appropriate in a suit. Following the designated speeds the entire time, he finally made it to where the party was being held.

*

You grabbed a drink from the bar and walked back towards your best friend when someone bumped into you.

'Oh-' You said spinning around to see the handsome man before you.

He placed a warm hand on your back to steady you but when he didn't remove it you grew uncomfortable.

'Can I get you a drink?' He asked flashing a smile.

You help up your glass to show him before answering.

'Already got one, sorry.' You said nervously laughing.

Something between persistence and fire flashed through his eyes making you take a nervous step back. You soon felt a hand on your back but in more of a friendly manner, unlike the man trying to hit on you.

'(Y/N), is this man bothering you?' Tony's voice could be heard.

'Mhm.' You said shyly.

'Well, I'll make sure to dispose of him if he keeps it up.' With that the man felt grumbling and you turned to Tony.

'Thank you so much.' You sighed.

'Just helping out a friend-' He said smiling.

'-in more ways than one.' He added before the music shut off suddenly drawing everyone attention.

'This next request is dedicated to a Miss (Y/N) (Y/L/N).' The DJ said.

You looked around and felt your cheeks flush as your group of friends whooped and wooed.

'Care to dance?' Tony asked sticking an offering hand out.

You smiled lightly before taking it. Hopefully Steve wouldn't mind that you were dancing with one of his teammates. The soft Ed Sheeran song began to play and you longed for Steve when suddenly you felt a tap on your shoulder.

'I think I can take it from here.' Steve's voice said making you spin around.

Steve stood in his best suit before you with a sad and apologetic smile on his face. He held his hand out to you and you took it before thanking Tony. The billionaire danced himself over to your friend, the host of the party, and spun her onto the dance floor next to you and Steve.

'I'm so sorry about the way I acted.' Steve mumbled as you lent against his chest.

'Well, do you blame me for getting a little ticked off?' You asked.

He spun you around before bringing you back into him embrace.

'No.' He said frowning.

'I'm just happy you came.' You cooed before he held you close to him as if you'd be gone without his touch.

'I'm happy to be here.' He replied.

Even though it was your friend's birthday you seemed to get the gift that was your wonderful boyfriend; Steve Rogers. You two danced the night away and Steve learned some new moves curtest of Tony and yourself.