BuckyxReader➳Is That Old School?

Time period: Post Winter Soldier

Words:509

Warning: None

------------------------

You sighed and set you bag in your work locker. Working at the museum wasn't as fun as you hoped it would be. Your love for history was rarely used unless they were low on the "pretty" tour guides. Grabbing you're badge, you grabbed your jacket and pulled it on.

'Welcome.' You said with a fake smile as you passed by the guests.

You began angrily pacing around the exhibits making sure no one touched anything when you felt someone tap your shoulder.

'Can you tell me more about the Captain America exhibit?' They asked.

They wore a hood so you couldn't see their face. You nodded hesitantly before leading them to the main attraction.

'Well, Captain America was a super soldier who was part of a test by Howard Stark called, Project Rebirth. From there he fought along side his noble friends and companions, Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes and Agent Margret Carter. They were the best heroes of their time.' You said getting lost in your words.

You loved talking about history and when you got going, your passion took over. You looked at the hooded stranger and saw that they lowered their hood slightly.

'Do I know-' You began before you realized what was going on.

You gaped at him and did a double take to the picture of "Bucky" Barnes. He couldn't possibly be standing in front of you. Then again, you thought you saw Steve Rogers here a couple months ago so..

'Please don't shout anything-' The stranger said.

From this you knew he somehow, must be Bucky Barnes. You blinked a few times before leading him around the exhibit.

'And over here we have-' You said extra loud as your boss passed by.

Bucky followed you until you were outside an empty office. You opened the door and he raised a brow before you pulled him inside.

'You can't just tell me not to scream and not explain.' You said putting your hands on your hips.

Bucky sighed and pulled his hood fully off, revealing his luscious locks of brown hair.

'How are you-here-' You said hesitantly.

He explained the whole story of the scientists and finally revealed to you his metal arm.

'Holy shi-' You began before he raised a brow.

'Where are you staying?' You finally asked.

He looked at you as if he didn't understand.

'I mean, don't people question your arm?' You elaborated.

'I've been living on the streets for the past while, I'm on the run.'

You simply nodded. Him being on the run really explained the ratty sweater and small dirt smudges on his face.

'I know we just met but, you could stay at my house if you want-' You said rubbing your neck awkwardly.

'That would be very nice but I'm not exactly accustomed to life in your time.' Bucky said laughing slightly.

'I can teach you!' You said over enthusiastically.

You blushed rapidly. The amount if times you'd joked about "if he were still around I'd date him" when cleaning after hours was embarrassing.

'I think I'd like that.' Bucky said smiling.

He stood up and took your hand before kissing it softly.

'Is that to old school?' He asked.

You giggled slightly.

'It's perfect.'