ClintxReader➳Something Important

Words: 540

Warnings: None

Requested by: Yavanna80 

-----------

You angrily sat on the couch of your apartment and looked around. Where was Clint? He'd been on a month long mission and since he'd come back, he'd been distant. He hadn't been coming to bed for nights at a time and you didn't want to admit that he might be cheating.

'Maria-' You said sadly through the phone.

Maria Hill had become one of your best friends since Clint introduced you to the world of SHIELD.

'What's the matter, Hon.' She said sweetly.

'I-I think Clint is cheating.' You said before crying silently.

You heard her sigh on the other line before speaking.

'Hon, I don't think he'd do that to you but maybe you should take a trip and relax a little? Some time away might smooth it all over.'

You thought about it for a moment before breathing heavily.

'Okay, where should I go though?' You questioned.

'There's a nice hotel in downtown New York, it's not far but it's a good place to clear your mind.'

You said your thanks and began packing. Leaving a quick note for Clint, you were off.

*

'What do you mean she left?' Clint snapped at Maria.

'Well, you're the one who's been leaving her out to dry!' Maria hissed back.

Clint sighed and grabbed the bridge of his nose.

'Was I supposed to let her know about my proposal plans?' He whispered.

Maria gaped at him for a moment before smiling wide.

'You were gonna propose?'

'I still am but if you haven't noticed, my girlfriend is on vacation.' He said clenching his jaw.

Maria tried her hardest to remember where (Y/N) went.

'She's uptown if you want to go to her.' She explained.

Clint brightened a little before grabbing the velvet box holding the ring and running to his car. He pulled up to the hotel and ran inside.

'Can you tell me what room (Y/N) (Y/L/N) is staying in?' He asked the check in desk.

They thought hard about whether to just hand him the information when he saw you. You're hair flowed beautifully behind you as you turned into the dinner hall.

'Never mind!' He yelled back to the desk as he ran after you.

There was a band playing so it was going as amazing as his original plan.

'(Y/N)-' He called out.

You spun around and saw him standing there with a goofy grin.

'Clint, what're you doing here?' You questioned.

'I need to ask you something important.' He muttered before pulling out the box and getting down on one knee.

'(Y/N), when you asked me out all those years ago, I knew you were the one. You were brave enough to steal my heart and when I was away on my last mission, I realized I want you with me for the rest of my life. Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?'

By this point everyone in the hall was looking at you both. You covered your mouth with excitement and nodded as he got up and slipped the diamond ring onto your finger.

'I love you so much.' He whispered in your ear as the crowed clapped.

'I love you too.' You replied as you hugged him tightly.

----------------

A/N: Posting 3 times today because I can.. ALSO! I just published the first part of my preference book so I really hope you'll check that out :) I'm still new at prefs so bare with me please and thanks xx