PietroxReader➳Laps

Word: 489

Warnings: None

Requested by: The_Squish

--------------------------------

'What the hell was that?' You said to yourself on your morning jog.

Another random gust of wind came and you stopped. You looked around confused until you saw him.

'I should have known.' You said pointing and accusing finger at Pietro Maximoff, your best friend.

'What ever do you mean?' He said in fake shock.

You rolled your eyes and began running again only to be refreshed with another gust of wind.

'Pietro, your speed makes me feel bad about myself.' You grumbled.

He stopped lapping you for the tenth time and caused you to stop.

'Why do you feel bad about yourself?' He asked concerned.

You let out a laugh.

'I was only kidding.'

'(Y/N), don't ever feel bad about yourself, you're perfect.' Pietro cooed in his sweet accent.

'Pietro, thank you but I was just poking fun at how slow I am.' You said blushing.

'Take all the time you need, (Y/N).' He said.

Something in his voice made you think he was referring to something more than your running. You two had been "wheeling", as the kids call it, for a while now and most of the Avengers had bets for when you'd get together.

'(Y/N)?' Pietro said after a while of you not replying.

'Mhm?' You said absentmindedly.

'W-Would you poyti na svidaniye so mnoy?' He said rubbing his neck.

'What?' You said confused at the Russian words.

Pietro sighed and looked down.

'Let me do a lap and then I'll try again.'

You obliged and sat on the bleachers, only to be joined by Pietro a second later.

'Well?' You said anxiously.

'What if we play a game?' He asked nervously.

You stood up and nodded.

'If I can run twenty laps in your one, you go out with me tonight.'

You smiled at the ground before meeting his silver eyes.

'Deal.'

You both stood at the start markers and waited for Pietro to say go.

'Go!' He said before pelting away.

You heard him counting his laps every time he passed. Deep down you wanted to go out with him but he'd never done more than seventeen laps to your one before. You rounded the final corner and heard that he was only on sixteen. You slowed your pace slightly and he ran past you two more times before you were only three meter away from the finish.

'Nineteen...'

You were so close that if you let him go ahead it would make you look desperate. You came up with an idea and fell to the ground.

'Ow! My ankle!' You yelled.

Pietro stopped his running and was next to you in an instant.

'Are you alright?' He asked nervously.

You saw that his back was to the finish line so you pushed him and he tumbled past it.

'Wha-' He said confused until you hopped to your feet.

'Pick me up at 7.' You said before waltzing away, smirk plastered on your face.

Pietro ran a hand through his hair as he shook his head.

'What am I going to do with you, Princess?' He said smirking before speeding past you only to peck your cheek lightly before running away.

------

A/N: Forgot to mention this but we just reached 1K reads!! How crazy! Thanks to all those you stuck with this little lame book and gave us your requests and lovely comments! Don't be scared to send in requests too! Alsoooo we've updated our cover so I hope you guys like it! Thanks again my Darlings! xx