SamxReader➳Always Keep My Promises

Words: 316

Warnings: None

A/N: Anthony Mackie is my spirit animal... ❤️

-----------------------

You stretched by your usual tree when you saw him, Sam Wilson, your running partner.

'Took you long enough.' You joked.

He smirked before plopping his stuff down and joining your stretching. You got ready to run when he pelted forward and got a head start.

'On your left!' You joked as you ran past him.

He hated when Steve did it so it got him in a competitive mood. You ran a couple laps constantly ahead of him but as you grew more tired, he caught up. You turned around the duck pond when Sam nudged you and you toppled in.

'Damn it Sam!' You shouted as you stood up.

He held in his laughter but made sure you were okay.

'I'll catch you next time.' He reassured.

'Promise?' You asked.

'Promise.' He insisted.

*

Sam hadn't shown up to run in weeks and you felt like he was avoiding you. Maybe Steve told him about your crush. Why would you even think that? Steve could keep a secret for twenty years, or longer. You put your bag in the regular spot and took your first lap. A load rustling noise started and you felt yourself moving faster to avoid whatever was making it. Your feet crashed against the ground as you made a sharp turn.

'Who are you?' You shouted over your shoulder.

All of a sudden you saw him, Falcon. He'd been talked about on the news but he wasn't as popular as Captain America. He took out the strange man following you and right when you were going to thank him, you fell towards the pond. You closed your eyes and waited for your contact with the water but instead you were wrapped in warm arms.

'I always keep my promises.' Falcon said as he set you down next your things.

'Sam?' You said in shock.

He sent you a wink and kissed your cheek before flying back towards the fallen Hydra criminal. Maybe he like you back?