BuckyxReader➳Can't

Words: 874

Warnings: The gif.. it makes me wanna crawl in a hole and cry

Requested by: secretavenger02

------------------

You had been dating Bucky for a little over a year when it happened, Hydra took hold of you while you were on a mission with your older brother, Clint Barton.

'Fury, I'm telling you she's here!' Bucky yelled as the SHIELD Director told him to abort the mission.

He couldn't bear the thought of letting you go, not when he'd bought the ring to propose.

'Buck, it'll be okay.' Steve said handing his heartbroken friend a hot chocolate before Bucky set it on the table, untouched.

'What're you fiddling with?' Steve asked.

Bucky flicked open the velvet box and revealed the ring.

'She was the first one to love me for me, not be afraid of what I used to be.' He choked out.

Steve looked at him sympathetically before getting up and going to mourn your loss alone. All of the Avengers were affected by your kidnapping but most of all were Bucky and Clint.

*

It had been months since you were kidnapped and Hydra had taken use in your extensive training from SHIELD. They got a good assassin in you, the only thing left to do was erase all of your memories; even the ones with your dearest Bucky.

'Is she ready for combat?' One Agent asked the scientist.

The scientist nodded and released your restrains.

'Hello-' He said stepping in front of your blank, expressionless face.

'We need you to kill these people-' He said holding up picture of the Avengers, Bucky and Sam.

You nodded before they got you armed; guns, arrows, bombs, anything that could kill were strapped on your body.

'Go!' Another Agent yelled pushing you into the raging battle.

The Avengers were fighting hard against Hydra and at the moment, they were winning.

'Cap, I need-' Bucky began before he saw her; his girlfriend.

'Buck-' Cap yelled before he saw you too.

He hit a few more Agents with his shield before the only ones left were you and the Avengers; your old friends.

'Kill.' Was all you said.

Natasha aimed her gun to injure you just enough to bring you back to SHIELD. You dodged all of her attempts wound you and finally, she ran out of bullets.

'Can one of you get her?' She shouted to the boys.

Tony was doing air patrol along with Sam and Thor so there weren't many options left.

'Bucky, you're the closest!' Natasha yelled after no one moved.

Bucky raised his gun but he met your eyes and realized he couldn't do it. How could they expect him to shoot the love of his life, even if it was just to injure, not to kill?

'I-I can't.' He stammered.

Steve knew he wouldn't do it, Bucky may have been an emotionless killer but now that he found the woman he loved again, he wouldn't be able to hurt her like her kidnapping hurt him.

'Well, someone do it or else we can't save her!' Natasha finally huffed.

Clint stepped forward and did the unthinkable, point an arrow at his own flesh and blood.

'I'm sorry-' He whispered before releasing the arrow.

*

'I'm so sorry, Doll, please wake up.' Bucky repeated over and over again as he held your limp hand.

Clint had shot you in the thigh, enough to slow you down so Hulk could swoop in and bring you to the helicarrier before continuing his smashing.

'Bucky, Bruce and Tony did all they could.' Steve said sadly from the door frame.

Bruce and Tony had worked vigorously in the lab to try and restore your memory. After hours upon hours of work, they came up with one solution but it wasn't a certain success considering it hadn't been tested before.

'What if she doesn't remember me?' Bucky asked.

'Then we've got to do what she did for you, love her for who she is and not who she used to be.' Steve replied.

Bucky sat in silence until he heard you rustling in the sheets. He took your hand and waited anxiously for you to fully awaken. Your eyes shot open and you saw him, a flash of anger flashing before your eyes until they softened.

'Bucky-' You breathed out.

He gave nervous laugh waiting to see if you remembered who he was fully.

'-I missed you so much, I love you, Bucky.' You rambled on pulling him into a hug.

He rubbed your back and let out a sigh of relief, now was his moment.

'(Y/N), before you got taken I had something really important to ask you.' He said fumbling with the box he kept near him at all times as a memory of you.

You nodded shakily and felt tears well in your eyes as he went down on one knee beside your hospital bed.

'Will you do me the honor and marry me?' He asked.

'Of course.' You said before hugging him once again.

You embraced tightly until you heard a sniffle from the door.

'Steve, are you crying?' Bucky asked.

'I-I'm just so glad my friend found a gal as good as you.' Steve replied to you.

Steve ran over and joined your embrace before Bucky realized he got the life he always wanted; even with bumps showed up along the way.