StevexReader➳I'll Never Leave You

Words: 619

Warnings: Feels

Requested by: secretavenger02 (I got carried away with this, hence why it's 619 words, but was wondering if you guys would want longer one shots.. I could try going more in depth with the stories)

------------------------

You got injured in battle. How? You don't exactly know. One minute, you were shooting down some Hydra Agents and the next you couldn't move your leg. Clint came to get you but you waved him off, claimed you were okay.

'Agent (Y/L/N), you're not okay!' He yelled back as he nailed another Agent with an arrow.

You grimaced slightly as he helped you up.

'Just get Cap.' You muttered.

Steve was your best friend and if you said you didn't want more of a relationship with the super soldier, you'd be lying. Clint reluctantly left only to return with Steve a minute later.

'Where does it hurt?' He asked running over to you.

'Steve, just bring me to the ship.' You instructed.

He furrowed his brow but ran you towards the helicarrier, as ordered. He was called back to battle just as you took a seat next to Maria and Nick.

'Agent-' Nick called.

You looked over and grimaced as he patted your leg.

'Still not hurt?' He asked.

You nodded and walked back to your room, not in the mood for questions. Once you reached your private area you rolled up your pant leg and saw your swollen knee cap.

'God-' You mumbled as you applied a slight pressure to the already bruised area.

After showering, despite the pain it caused, you got into lazy clothes and heard a knock at the door.

'I'm telling you Maria-' You began before stopping.

Steve stood before you, still in his full gear, frowning.

'Don't lie.' He said simply.

You opened the door wider and welcomed him in.

'I'm not lying.' You said simply.

He walked closer to you, causing you to stumble back onto your bed. This was new.

'(Y/N), you can't pretend to be hurt every time you get injured, it won't help you.' He said hovering above you.

You simply nodded and sighed.

'My knee-' You breathed out.

Steve got up and sat next to you.

'May I take a look?' He asked like the gentleman he is.

You obliged to his request by rolling up your sweats, wincing in the process.

'Gosh, Doll.' He muttered when he saw how abnormally purple and swollen your knee was.

He moved his hand towards it but stopped when he saw the tears prickling at your eyes.

'You're really hurt, it's okay to cry.' He muttered.

You felt your walls crash down as the tears started streaming. How did this simple man manage to make you admit your failures?

'It's my fault I get hurt though-' You said before he snapped his head from looking at your injury to your eyes.

'(Y/N), you're an amazing Agent and this isn't anyone's fault. I've been injured before, Doll, and I knew I would get hurt because it's part of the job.' He said making you feel slightly better.

You felt your cheeks flush as he wiped away you tears. Leaning in slightly, your noses brushed against each others.

'I just want the best for you, (Y/N).' He whispered.

He closed the gap between you two and your lips worked together, a meek kiss but sweet either way. He broke apart and stood up. What if he didn't like you like that? He kissed you so he must.

'W-Where are you going?' You asked nervously.

'To get you some ice.' He replied.

He had his hand on the door handle when he turned back to you to say one last thing.

'(Y/N), I'll never leave you, I promise.'

With that he went to grab you the ice just as he'd said before. Steve Rogers was yours and you counted on him never to leave you, a promise was a promise after all.