Chapter 9

"PROFESSOR! PROFESSOR FIG! WHERE ARE YOU??!" she called desperately. Fear filled her for she knew her mentor would never willingly leave her. At least he'd seemed to make that much clear. After all he was responsible for her. Which meant that something had forced him to leave her. She only prayed he was alright.

Genevieve tried to take deep breaths and calm the rising terror within her. She was alone and lost. Her only protection was her wand. What would Professor Fig do?

Well he wouldn't just stand around panicking like a augury with it's head cut off. He'd investigate and try to find an exit. She told herself.

She began to walk and suddenly noticed little whisps of light at her feet which she swiftly began to follow. Eventually they led her to a similar glowing spring as the last one. This time Genevieve knew what to do. Even if it would likely lead to more trouble, it was also her only way forward.

She stepped closer to the glow feeling the same warm pull. Genevieve raised her wand in an arc but this time she was ready for the force of it and when things changed, she remained standing.

Once again the floor looked like glass and below it, she saw the reflection of a knight. A revelio revealed a statue above ground. Before starting things Genevieve took a moment to gather her thoughts and go over some of the spells she knew. Basic casts had served her well enough with Fig taking out most of the knights but she was on her own now.

Granted that wasn't to say she knew loads of defensive spells but she was mostly caught up to fourth year.

"Here we go," she whispered her heart pounding. She aligned the knights and it began again. Not waiting for the knight to get a shot in she immediately shouted "Defodio!" causing a large gauge to appear in the statue and it to stumble back she fired off several basic casts but had to stop in her attack to protego another from behind stumbling a bit she stupefied that one and shouted " Everte Statum!" which sent one of the knights flying up at least ten feet in the air and hitting a pillar smashing to pieces.

She failed to dodge one attack and felt a searing pain in her shoulder but ignored it rolling to avoid the falling sword and as it neared shouting the first spell that came to mind "Fereverto!" remembering it's purpose suddenly before her was a water goblet which she swiftly shot to pieces with a basic cast before deflecting another blow. "Impedimenta!". The knight kept moving but now at a significantly slower pace giving her time to get more casts in.

A slice grazed her cheek and she nearly buckled under the impact of the next hit. She managed to stupefy the next knight and fired her spells as fast as possible. Just when she thought the waves of enemies were never going to end and that her energy would soon be running out, she blew a final knight to pieces and it all went dark again.

Genevieve looked down to see the same whisps from before and lighting her wand followed them. They led her to what looked like a statue of that strange swirling symbol from before and in front of it another glowing spring. Genevieve prayed that this wasn't leading to another fight because she wasn't sure she had the energy.

When she waved her wand this time the swirl shaped statue melted into a glowing silver archway. Beyond it she could see an ornate room with a pedestal and golden pillars. She checked the other side of the arch to see that there was nothing behind it. It seemed this door was some sort of portal like the one in the ruins.

Genevieve stepped through the door and looked around wand out in case of attackers. She saw several braziers that lit the room. She cast revelio but there didn't appear to be any hidden enchantments yet beyond the door she had come through. On the opposite side from which she had come she saw a pair of doors similar to the one on the inside of vault. On the pedestal was a basin and above it hung a tear dropped shaped vial.