Chapter 27

The following days were a relaxing blur. She visited Highwing and some of the other animals with Poppy, explored several different passages with Natty, or spent time in the Undercroft or Room of Requirement with Ominis often talking or sharing opinions on muggle literature that they had both read.

Occasionally her tiny group of friends would also converge. Natty and Poppy both seemed a bit wary of Ominis at first and Ominis evidently felt likewise but the latter two soon warmed up and Ominis now seemed to be slowly thawing. As promised Sebastian and Evelyn also both made a couple appearances. Sebastian was overjoyed by the idea of finding a way to convince Solomon to let Anne come for Christmas and agreed to keep it secret.

Her two Christmas projects were also going fairly well. She finished her knitting and the letters from Miriam's friends that Hecat had helped her owl came pouring in. It was actually exceptionally heartwarming. All were eager to contribute what they could to help Professor Fig. It was clear both him and Miriam were quite beloved by their friends. The Hogwarts staff had also come through, covertly slipping her letters with their stories of Miriam.

For instance, Weasley had called her into her office "to ask her about her field guide", Professor Saxon had mysteriously "forgotten to return" Genevieve's latest essay, and Professor Garlick had asked her to help check on the dittany for "extra credit".

Genevieve hoped this book would not only bring Professor Fig happy memories but would also remind him in its creation that he wasn't alone.

HL

Christmas day dawned waking Genevieve through the small gap in her curtains. Well to be fair it was more like Christmas mid-morning. She was the sole remaining occupant of the fifth-year female dormitory.

She raised her eyebrows as she got out of bed and to her surprise saw a small pile of presents at the edge of it. A sense of disbelief course through her and she checked the tags all of which did say her name. They came from Ominis, Poppy, Natty, and Evelyn. A note was attached to Evelyn's

Dear Gen,

I'm guessing you got some presents along with my own. However, I ask you hold off opening them till we've all gathered. I've sent a similar letter to our other friends.

See you soon!

Evelyn

Deciding to abide by her friend's wishes Genevieve dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast which was far fancier and more scrumptious than normal. She also wasn't the only one to have slept in by now it was about 10am she found Natty, Poppy, and Ominis gathered at the Hufflepuff table today and joined them.

"Happy Christmas," she said with a small smile.

"Happy Christmas!" beamed Poppy jumping up to hug her while Natty and Ominis echoed similar statements. Genevieve took a seat next to the Hufflepuff.

"Thank you for the gifts I really don't know what to say. You really didn't need to."

"We wanted to my friend, and I'm sure the same will go for the Sallow's when they arrive. They are coming aren't they?" said Natty.

"Ronen told me he was putting his plan into action and if it worked, we could expect them around 11 o'clock," said Ominis.

"Evelyn said she'd be coming around the same time," Poppy added. The matter had been discussed on her previous visit.

"Did everyone listen to Evelyn's letter?" asked Natty.

"I did regarding our presents from each other though I'm not sure where we should gather since we are in different houses." Poppy answered.